“Verry good experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Evanston
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel times in the last year when I attended Evanston Illinois...It has been a very good experience each time. I was treated very well and I had everything I needed to complete my courses while I was there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I travel several times per year to Evanston for business. I have tried all of the hotels in Evanston and strongly prefer the Garden Inn. The rooms are of good size for a city hotel, the location is convenient and parking is handy. I generally arrive late, leave early so I don't take advantage of much they have to offer. Location is in the Evanston downtown. Evanston is expensive, so the prices reflect that. If you want cheap, stay in Skokie but don't expect to walk to downtown Evanston. Evanston is on the train line, so expect to hear it when operating. I don't generally eat at the hotel because there are so many great places a short walk away. Breakfast is not complementary. Internet is not blazing and VPN had some issues. That said, it is the best internet I've experienced in Evanston hotels - admittedly a moving target. Staff is always pleasant. Lobby is comfortable if you're meeting someone for discussion.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark J
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My family and I recently visited fabulous Northwestern University! We had an amazing experience in Evanston, IL and the Hilton Garden Inn was a great place to stay! Very convenient with a wonderful breakfast! The front desk staff were SO helpful to me and my family!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sandra46641
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The location is good. The rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. The pool and hot tub are clean and well kept. There was no help with my bags and no valet parking and breakfast is extra. I have stayed in other hotels that were just as nice but not as expensive that offered the extra's that this one did not.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Although my stay was free (because of HHonors rewards points), I know the rates at this hotel are very reasonable. This hotel was extremely nice. The location is in a good part of the city (a nice suburb), and the furnishings were amazing (especially the bed).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Excellent stay...hotel very clean,well kept,attentive staff,quiet area. It was easy walk to large selection of restaurants. Parking for hotel was in adjacent city owned garage, unlimited in and out was very convenient. One block from train to downtown Chicago

Reviewed April 15, 2014

All rooms, food and services top notch. I have stayed at this hotel before and will return. Great breakfast, good wine. Hotel staff service oriented. They want me to keep writing with a minimum of 200 characters so hopefully this last sentence will get me in that category. What else can I say, except I highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evanston
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston
Hilton Orrington/Evanston
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Margarita European Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
The Homestead
The Homestead
#6 of 7 in Evanston

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston? Share your experiences!