Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Evanston
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Hotel was under going renovations in the lobby at time of stay. The hotel staff was more than helpful and the renovation had no impact on my stay. The cold weather was horrible but the great staff made up for it. This hotel made my 7 week stay a true pleasure. Even if business takes me to downtown Chicago, I would stay at this location again. the Train is close by and will drop you right in the heart of the city without fighting the traffic, high parking prices and room rates. If in the Chicago area you should consider this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is a nice, newish Hilton Garden Inn and it is what you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. The one downside is parking which is slightly inconvenient. It is, however, in a great part of Evanston with lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is our go to when visiting our daughter at NW. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean and the breakfast good. Elevators are slow, but stay on a low floor and take the steps. Convenient to all downtown restaurants. Especially the "Little Mexican Restaurant" around the corner. Can't miss with this hotel. We will be back. My single complaint is the sleep comfort bed. I don't like those in hotels. There is a Hilton a couple blocks away but this is much better.

Room Tip: Lower floor lets you walk down the steps.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Very comfortable, large room, equally LARGE costs! The stay was enjoyable after resolution from being misdirected to incorrect Hilton Garden Inn airport shuttle out of ORD. Misdirection stemmed from airport hilton staff directing me to airport shuttle for Hilton Garden Inn, making zero mention that there were more than one Hilton Garden Inn in the greater Chicago area. That miscommunication caused this already very costly room to become inflated by unnecessary cab fees... :(

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were there during the very cold spell. Given difficulties with the weather the hotel and its staff did a very good job. We were treated very well. The lobby was being renovated and the hotel did a good job compensating. The location was near Northwestern University which was our objective.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Recently, I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Evanston because my mother was unexpectedly admitted to a local hospital while visiting for Christmas. The staff was so kind and understanding. I didn't know when she'd be discharged and they let me extend the visit. The room was very comfortable.

Yes, the hotel is under construction bit I navigated around it. This was an extremely stressful time for me and my family. Thank you HGI for a comfortable bed at night. All of the desk staff were great, but I remember James and Rachel. Extra special thanks. (As for my mom, she's recuperating at her home) happy New Year.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I visited Evanston for a 22 days business visit and I stayed here. I took a king bed room and it was 139$ per day. The total cost was ~3500$. Room size was good and it was clean. Although I lived alone but I think it is good for two.

Its location is very close to down town Evanston and hence very close to many eating outlets and shops. It is also very close to Amtrak and CTA train stations. Everything is at walking distance. I really enjoyed walking lakeside as this hotel is really close. I used Gym and swimming facilities everyday and they were average.

I really liked the location of the hotel, what I did not like is even though I booked the reservation the room was not ready when I reached there I had to wait for few hours to get the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evanston
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston
Hilton Orrington/Evanston
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Margarita European Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
The Homestead
The Homestead
#5 of 7 in Evanston
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston? Share your experiences!