Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston
$181
$152
AscendHotels
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston(Evanston)(Great Value!)
$115
$150
Hotels.com
$85
ExtendedStay
All reviewsnorthwestern universitypurple linefront deskpublic garageparking garage next doorcollege visitwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsbusiness centerbreakfast buffetconvenient locationshort walkclose to downtownpool and hot tubnice stayfitness roomnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were apartment hunting on the north side of Chicago, and the Hilton provided a welcome respite at the end of each day. Decent amenities and attractive, clean rooms. The complimentary cookies were a nice touch (surprisingly tasty!). Unusually good business center, which was key since we needed to print and fax info to rental agents every night. Extremely friendly and helpful staff (the bartender is great). Our only complaint was the poorly ventilated rooms. There was no way to open the windows; consequently, the room felt stuffy the whole time. I know it's not exactly a tropical climate here, but guests ought to be able to crack a window. Great place otherwise.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yeahwrite
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have bad dust and mold allergies and did not have any symptoms during my stay. The room was spacious and clean. The front desk staff were very friendly. When I expressed food allergies, the restaurant manager made accommodations for me.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2013

By mistake and pure happenstance I found myself at this location in Evanston, Ill.
Initially, I thought I booked at another Hilton in Evanston (the Orrington)
At first I was not very happy about the mess up with the reservation, however as it turned out- I was extremely satisfied with the location, guest services, room and amenities.
Very convenient to restaurants, shops, transportation and Northwestern university.
I spent 3 days at this location and was looking to rent a car to go to Old Orchard shopping mall and found a Hertz (?) rental right next door. However, when I asked the front desk about parking, they informed me they had a shuttle that can take guests to stops in Evanston and a little beyond. They were gracious enough to take e to old orchard and picked me back up.
Great workout room and business center. I plan on returning!

2  Thank Nitalou1
James D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am so glad that the reservation mishap brought you to our hotel and gave us the opportunity to show you what our Hilton Garden Inn is all about. We cannot wait for you to come back and visit with us again real soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since it opened (approximately 2001?). I am a lecturer for the Center for Public Safety and usually stay up to forty nights a year at this property. If one has to stay that long away from home during the year, it should be some place as comfortable and accommodating as this HGI. The staff is always friendly and very helpful. The hotel is centrally located to the University as well as restaurants and Evanston shopping. It's also a short walk to catch the CTA or Metra trains if you need to run into Chicago. The breakfasts are AMAZING and not overly priced for the freshly made-to-order omelets, bacon, sausage, fruit and breads that are provided. Coffee is provided most hours of the day and it's so good, I walk across the street from my classroom for refills during breaks. A few years back they were having issues with the fire alarm going off randomly (usually around 1 a.m.), but they seem to have worked those bugs out (thankfully). Internet service and cable channels are exceptional and the rooms have the amenities to make an overnight or twenty-night stay very comfortable. I am very thankful to have this wonderful and convenient hotel available for my lengthy stays in the area.

If you are eating out during the evening (or lunchtime), check out Bat 17, which is down the street a couple of blocks and has the best Reuben sandwiches this side of the Hudson River.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel is well maintained, clean and as of 2013 appears to have been freshened with new carpet and room wall coverings. It has good service, a good restaurant for breakfast (I have not eaten lunch or dinner there.) The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The hotel is near Northwestern, plenty of good restaruants and One Rotary Center.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn