“Dinner pour deux (for two)”
Review of Bistro Bordeaux L'Authentique - CLOSED

Bistro Bordeaux L'Authentique
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chicago
Transit: Purple line and Metra station 4 minutes walk east from Davis station.
Description: The philosophy of the menu at Bistro Bordeaux is an expression of our French culinary heritage, for which we have a profound admiration. The support of our local farmers allows us to use the freshest produce and seafood, just as one would find in the markets in the south of France. The menu showcases the freshness of these pure ingredients through simple, flavorful combinations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This place was a nice little find. I thank LivingSocial for the opportunity to eat at this wonderful little bistro. I planned a night out for my wife on her birthday which involved this place. The staff was very accomadating and well versed in the menu. We both had the Chief Sampler which emcompasses a 4-course meal with wine pairing for each course. Normally this would run around $150 for 2 people, but since I had a coupon it was half the price. (This is the kind of place you take your significant other once a year) The waiter was very friendly and answered every questions we had about the meal. Everything seem super fresh and completely in-line with a French Bistro.

All meals start with a fresh baguette, butter, and olive oil/herb. They give you a glass of Champagne to sip on as well. Next comes a small apetizers of minced salmon on a butter cracker. Once you are finished with all that, the meal you paid for begins.

We had a 3-piece selections of traditional French Charcuterie: Chicken Liver Mousse, Pork pate, and steak tartare. This was paired with a Kir Royal (Champagne and Creme de Cassis). Next course was a Pan roasted Idaho river trout, fingerling potatoes, and seasonal vegatables. Wine paired was a 2010 Grand Moulin Chardonnay. This course was fantastic! Second Main Course was a skirt steak paired with pommes frites (French Fries). The wine paired was a 2008 Grand Moulin Cabernet Sauvignon. And finally for dessert we had an amazing sweet brioche with homemade vanilla ice cream and homemade carmel. This was paired with a shooter of 2009 Chateau Haut Sarthes Blanc Doux!

Everything was perfect and it was well worth the drive out from Hoffman Estates, IL. I was recommend it to anyone interested if a great fine dining experience. Just be ready to pay for the quality you are getting.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Wonderful, cozy restaurant in the heart of Evanston. The escargot were sweet and deliciously textured; the skate wing in the bouillabaisse was a very pleasant surprise. Excellent wine list, with many reasonably priced bottles. Loved the experience.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The food here is amazing. I had the trout almondine and it was literally the best I've ever had. This is one of my favorite dishes and I've had it a lot. The service when my friend and I got to the restaurant was excellent! Perhaps a little too much. But as the evening continued, and the restaurant got more crowded, we started to have a hard time flagging down our waiter. This may not have been his fault as he seemed to be the only server. However, after having the dessert menu literally thrown on our table, and deciding on a dessert but not seeing out waiter for 15 minutes, we decided against it. Even though they looked delicious. I have a huge sweet tooth and I don't think I've ever left a long relaxed dinner with a friend without it. So for me, this was a big protest. Again, great food but just hope they have enough servers on hand.

1  Thank HappyCamper613
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just ate a terrific dinner there. Duck with fig sauce, fresh figs, French green beans and small potatoes. The duck was really delicious --- tender -- not at all greasy -- and the fig sauce was just so good I wish I could go back right now! Every meal we've had here has been a winner. The place is cozy not formal, and food is really good.

1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Fresh ingredients, great wine selection, classic bistro dishes supplemented by vegetarian choices. juxtapostion of flavors enhances fresh ingredients. conversation friendly. knowledgeable wait staff. service was well paced