Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2017

First, the staff here is just amazing! I had called ahead of time with a couple of questions and the lady, I think her name was Katherine, not only answered them, but gave me suggestions on how to make our trip even more enjoyable. When we arrived, Katherine had printed out the map for the train and marked our stops and transfers for easy travel. The train station is literally around the corner, which is great! Our room was beautiful with antique furniture and an extremely spacious bathroom. It's hard to pick one favorite thing about this hotel, but if I had to, it would be breakfast! The pastries were amazing! I haven't had a crescent so delicious since I was in Europe. Although I didn't have a chance to talk with him, we did see the French chef out visiting with the guests. The library was beautiful. The old Otis elevator with the cage door adds a lot of character. There are several great restaurants within walking distance and the neighborhood is very charming and feels very safe. The hotel offers off street parking for only ten dollars, but there seemed to be plenty of street side parking as well at no cost. My husband and I will definitely stay here again. In fact, we may never stay in the heart of Chicago again with this option so close by at such a great price!

Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

We love staying here! The best chocolate croissants for breakfast and the greek yogurt with granola, superb. My husband says this is his favorite hotel on the North Shore. It is raining today. Margaret gave us umbrellas so we could walk around Evanston. We came back and relaxed in the library where we spent a relaxing hour reading books.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2017

We were so pleasantly surprised with our stay at The Margarita (love the name). The staff was very friendly and as we were arriving in the wee hours, they even called us to confirm we were still coming and assure us that someone would be at the desk at 1:30 a.m. The room was small, but we had such an active weekend (NCAA games in Milwaukee on Thurs and Saturday and family St. Patrick's Day fun on Friday), it was perfect and very comfortable and clean. Plus, there's a charming "library" and parlor where you can soak up the genteel atmosphere. Breakfast in the parlor was a real treat complete with hot coffee and chocolate croissants and other pastries prepared by the very engaging French chef. Also available were breads, hearty oatmeal and toppings as well as Greek yogurt and toppings. The vintage Otis elevator was a trip back in time and added to the whole experience. (Although we ate so many chocolate croissants we tended to walk the stairs to the 4th floor.) We found parking all 3 nights right in front of the hotel. Perfect. And The Margarita European Hotel is within walking distance to all things Evanston. My husband and I enjoyed a brisk Saturday morning walk to Lake Michigan and back. Smylie Brothers Brewery is a short walk from the hotel as well. Great microbrews and delicious food. We will be back to The Margarita!

Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

Love this hotel & the location is great. Newly remodeled room & very comfortable. Spacious bath, comfortable beds, and Front Desk couldn't be any better. They recommended a great restaurant & assisted in parking arrangements & transportation to event. Love this spot & will stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank GinniDesMoines
Reviewed March 5, 2017

Lovely quaint old historic hotel. Rooms are comfy and clean. Very European. It's not your normal chain hotel. Staff is very friendly. Continental breakfast was sufficient but could use a little more variety. Parking is optional at $10 per night. Would have given 5 stars but.......there is additional $5 per day "hotel service fee" that you don't know about until you get your bill. We checked out at 5:30AM. When I got the bill I noticed they had charged us double the parking but did not notice the hidden "hotel service fee". The gal at the desk said she couldn't help with the wrong parking fee but would have somebody take care of it. They did. After getting home I noticed the "hotel service fee" and called and inquired about it. I was told it was "a hotel service fee". No explanation...no reason...nothing. I would prefer they include the "hotel service fee" in the nightly rate so you know ahead what you are paying. I would recommend the hotel but be aware it will cost a bit more than you think.

Date of stay: February 2017