Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
Ascend
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2017

We were so pleasantly surprised with our stay at The Margarita (love the name). The staff was very friendly and as we were arriving in the wee hours, they even called us to confirm we were still coming and assure us that someone would be at the desk at 1:30 a.m. The room was small, but we had such an active weekend (NCAA games in Milwaukee on Thurs and Saturday and family St. Patrick's Day fun on Friday), it was perfect and very comfortable and clean. Plus, there's a charming "library" and parlor where you can soak up the genteel atmosphere. Breakfast in the parlor was a real treat complete with hot coffee and chocolate croissants and other pastries prepared by the very engaging French chef. Also available were breads, hearty oatmeal and toppings as well as Greek yogurt and toppings. The vintage Otis elevator was a trip back in time and added to the whole experience. (Although we ate so many chocolate croissants we tended to walk the stairs to the 4th floor.) We found parking all 3 nights right in front of the hotel. Perfect. And The Margarita European Hotel is within walking distance to all things Evanston. My husband and I enjoyed a brisk Saturday morning walk to Lake Michigan and back. Smylie Brothers Brewery is a short walk from the hotel as well. Great microbrews and delicious food. We will be back to The Margarita!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

Love this hotel & the location is great. Newly remodeled room & very comfortable. Spacious bath, comfortable beds, and Front Desk couldn't be any better. They recommended a great restaurant & assisted in parking arrangements & transportation to event. Love this spot & will stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank GinniDesMoines
Reviewed March 5, 2017

Lovely quaint old historic hotel. Rooms are comfy and clean. Very European. It's not your normal chain hotel. Staff is very friendly. Continental breakfast was sufficient but could use a little more variety. Parking is optional at $10 per night. Would have given 5 stars but.......there is additional $5 per day "hotel service fee" that you don't know about until you get your bill. We checked out at 5:30AM. When I got the bill I noticed they had charged us double the parking but did not notice the hidden "hotel service fee". The gal at the desk said she couldn't help with the wrong parking fee but would have somebody take care of it. They did. After getting home I noticed the "hotel service fee" and called and inquired about it. I was told it was "a hotel service fee". No explanation...no reason...nothing. I would prefer they include the "hotel service fee" in the nightly rate so you know ahead what you are paying. I would recommend the hotel but be aware it will cost a bit more than you think.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank dnbleavenworth
Reviewed February 12, 2017

The staff here was so helpful from the time I reserved until I left. The hotel is charming, very comfortable, everything I needed for my stay. It is a historical building,but the rooms and bath are updated and very nice. The location is great, quiet, yet close to everything. Wonderful breakfast with fresh French pastries baked by their own chef in a sun filled beautiful room. Very relaxing rooftop deck to watch the sky at night.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights while we visited my daughter in Evanston. This was a really nice hotel. It was very comfortable and very well-kept. It's a very old building that's been renovated so there are interesting little quirks. If you enjoy tight elevators with accordion-style doors you'll get a kick out of this place. But the rooms and beds and baths or very comfortable and very well done. We had a slight issue with the booking company that booked us via online services but the hotel handle that without any extra effort by me. I will call them directly next time and avoid their booking agency.

Date of stay: November 2016