Priceline
Lol.travel
Destinia.com
Hurb
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

This is a truly hidden gem. The interior of the hotel dates back to an era of unbelievable classiness. The staff in the hotel are casually chatty and pleasant. The rooms also have some modern amenities like TVs. You won't believe this, but the reservation was for a room with one large bed and two bunk beds. Instead, they upgraded us for free. They gave us along with the room with a large bed an adjoining room with two other beds. Again: it was free. The rooms were very accommodating for the four people in my family. The elevator was very old fashioned, and cool looking. They were doing work on it the second day of the trip, so I was glad I got to ride in it the first day. They even gave us free wifi, free breakfast buffet, and a sun deck on the ceiling. There's even a really old but still nice library with books you can read during your stay for free. See, ordinary these days major hotel brands can really stack on the fees. This place is privately owned and doesn't do that. They genuinely seem to care more about your experience than their profits. The money it costed for this incredibly classy place was incredibly low. Yeah, this place gets it right. If you're around Evanston, you'd be a fool to opt for another hotel. Even if you're in Chicago, you can see the skyline from the sun deck on the top floor, so it's not that far away. The hotel clientele international. Very classy people stay here. I was glad to be one of them.

2  Thank elliottp297
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Stayed one night on a road trip. Beautiful property from a bygone era. Updated modern rooms with all of the conveniences but charm of the 20's. The elevator will rocket you to your floor with no wait. Linens and amenities are super nice. All staff I interacted with was very nice. I wanted to steal the beautiful tapestry bed spread but I refrained. Hats off to Margarita European Inn!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim L
Reviewed August 8, 2016

I reserved a room for the evening of June 27, 2016 based upon online advertising by this hotel. It looked very nice, a traditional European feel, but clean and updated. Upon arrival I was greeted by a musty smell in the lobby, which was quite old and run down in appearance. I asked to see my room and was taken on an equally old and creaking elevator to a room that was not at all as advertised online. Very small, clean, but antiquated. When I informed the desk clerk that I would not be staying he refused to cancel the reservation (because it was not done 24 hours in advance) and I had to dispute it with my credit card company.

Room tip: Ask to see the actual room before booking.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank John P
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Very cute boutique hotel which was still quite close to downtown Chicago. Me and my family are on a cross the USA roadtrip and stumbled across this place by surprise. Elevator is very small and old, but it still did the job for me and my family. Next time we visit Chicago, we would definitely try to stay here again. Loved free parking! ! !

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank V6857RDanthonyl
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

We came to chicago to watch the cubs play baseball. Chose this hotel as part of choice hotels and had no clue the excitement we would experience at this hotel. I have to say this historic hotel is by far one of the greatest of have stayed in. Antique furniture, woodwork, and the history is astonishing. The French pastry chef, management, front desk attendants and super help and info from Kathryn Weimer made our visit memorable. Will definately return.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple