“The Best in Town”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Amazing wood-burning oven pizza exactly like what I've had in Italy. The margherita pizza is simple & delicious, but the lamb sausage with eggplant & olives is absolutely decadent and shouldn't be missed (it was named one of the best pizzas in Chicagoland by Chicago magazine). Killer cocktail & beer list. Great prices in a very cool room with friendly, casual service. Love it.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great service. Very average caesar salad. First rate pizza....but wine way overpriced: $8-11 a glass for six to seven ounces? c'mon!

1  Thank Frank C
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place has something for everyone. I see couples there on dates, families with young children, or groups of friends just hanging out. The food is always extremely fresh and delicious. The pizza is great, but I love the eggplant parm which I can only get on Tuesdays. I do wish some of the items on the menu were available nightly. And the pound cake is delicious...and I don't even like pound cake, but I always get it here. I have been there with colleagues just sitting at their great bar for a cocktail; I've been there with my kids; and I've had a pre-show dinner there with my wife...before taking in a blues concert at Space which is attached to the restaurant. Space is one of the best music venues in the Chicago area. Union also does a great brunch on Sundays, which no one seems to know about yet. I absolutely love Union. The only possible complaint is that it can get noisy sometimes. I don't mind the noise, but if you're looking for a quiet place to eat this isn't for you. In other words, if you don't like being around large groups of people having a great time...stay home.

1  Thank 968JerryB
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The menu's always fantastic. Pizza's guaranteed to bring you back, and the small plates are creative, fresh, and delicious. It's always a place you'll find people in great spirits. I go here several times/month because it's such a versatile place: drinks with girlfriends; date-night with my husband; brunch with family. The staff works hard to keep guests happy and it shows.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

They serve small plates, which are ample to share with a table of 3 or 4. We each had a small salad then ordered 5 small plates to share. The food is pretty healthy (make the right choices) and it was quite good. We did not have pizza (trying to avoid gluten), but we had a very nice meal with great assortment.

The place is very noisy, lots of people in and out. The cocktails looked wonderful and were very popular on many tables! We had a bottle of wine which was well suited to the meal and the menu.

We had dinner, about 5:45 PM and the west facing tall warehouse windows are covered, but the sun can be wicked--it was a challenge for some of the tables to get through the short times when the glare made it hard to see. But, you can't fight nature and the bright light is pretty short lived.

Good choice for casual, lively dining.