I recently stayed in Bermuda for my sister's destination wedding in July of 2013. We actually have family in Bermuda and they confirmed our UPGRADED rooms before we called to give Michael (the manager) our credit card information. I called one week out to ensure all was well and Michael stated that we were "upgraded to the two bedroom family cottage." Upon checking in a day before the wedding we checked into a two bedroom cottage smelled like mold, it did not have wifi as promised, we could run our fingers through the dust on the end tables in both rooms, there were dead flies in the bathroom, and the kitchen was not suitable for you to cook in because the stove and refrigerator were dirty and rusty. To make things worst the head cleaning lady stated that she gave Michael, the owner a list of things to do to the cottage before we arrived. He stated they overbooked and didn't have any where else to go. He was very unsympathetic. We ended up staying with family that night and checking into a much better resort the following night. Please beware of bad management and unfulfilled promises. The two bedroom family cottage is not suitable for another to stay and all other rooms are not large enough to accommodate the number of people listed on the website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of picturesque Flatts Village at the eastern end of Bermuda, Brightside with its informal atmosphere, is a great place, if you are looking for a home away from home. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Brightside Guest Apartments Hotel Smith`s
- Brightside Guest Apartments Smiths
- Brightside Guest Apartments Bermuda/Flatts Village