“A little of everything...”
Review of Indigo - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Indigo
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This place serves Japanese, Chinese, Indian, pizza...a little weird, but not bad food...pizza was very good according to my boys...

Reviewed February 25, 2012

This place is located in Flatt's Village about 15 minutes by bus from Grotto Bay Beach Resort on the North Shore bus routes 10 or 11 and well worth the bus ride. It is the only Multi-cuisine in the area and is attached to the Upper Crust which offers pizza and delicious treats as well. As previously mentioned, the typical food here is of the Asian variety and very flavorful, served in the traditional Indian style, I had basmati rice, butter chicken and Naan and I have to say it was the best Indian food I've had (although I've never been to India, I can only imagine Indigo's Indian food is only second to that).We were there at a great time of year when they had cheap 3 course meals everywhere so dining wasn't as expensive as it might be in the high season, we paid $30 for a 3 course Indian meal! We did not require reservations but we were there in low season, I'd imagine in high season you'd need to reserve! Bus stop is right out front of the quaint little restaurant and Rustico's is the much more pricey Italian restaurant to the South, however, the food there is quite good as well but you need reservations year round for that place!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

In Flatt's Village, there are only two sit-down restaurants -- Indigo and its more famous neighbour, Rustico. My wife and I couldn't get into Rustico one night so we tried Indigo, and we were pretty satisfied with it.

Dishes are mainly Indian or Chinese-inspired, with a few assorted French, middle eastern, and Bermudian dishes thrown in for good measure. Appetizers and vegetarian dishes are $10-12 and meat dishes are $15, which is a steal in Bermuda. The whole thing with appetizers, main meals, drinks, dessert and tip came to $100 even for two people (ie., about half what I'd pay at Rustico). While I'm not going to rave unnecessarily, it was quite tasty and I would be happy to go again.

Sitting outside on Rustico's balcony gave us a very nice view of Flatt's Village, which is one of the more picturesque parts of Bermuda.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I see some of the reviews below, but I know good Indian food when I taste it. The rice served with the entree was exquisite and I had an Indian vegetarian curry that was just wonderful -- flavorful and rich, with a mix of vegetables perfectly cooked. I actually asked the waiter which stye of curry he recommended and he chose one for me (I think it started with a B but can't recall the name now). I can't speak for the other cuisines, but our food was excellent. It is in Flatts Village, so it is a convenient place for dinner post-aquarium if you go there. Right next to Rustico. You can get take-out there every day, and eat it on their little porch, but I think the sit-down part it is closed Monday and Tuesday, so check before you go...

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Dined at Indigo with a party of 4. Location in Flatts was convenient to Grotto Bay resort. Second floor dining room has limited view of harbor and limited outdoor seating. The concept of small plates and big plates needs refinement as there was no price difference and no size difference based on small or large. This resulted in some items being bargains such as a large spinach salad for $8 and some being overpriced such as 2 small brie en croute for $10. The best dishes by far were the Asian inspired sweet and sour fish and the ginger pork. These 2 dishes were delicious. A Mediterranean platter had dry, tasteless felafel. Mussels in Thai coconut milk were cooked well but lacked spice. Overall a mixed review with the potential to be very good, but needs to focus on its' strengths and refine its' concept.