“what a surprise to have a hotel so excellent”

Dunedin Country House
Ranked #1 of 3 Patrington B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in june 2013 for 1 night as a relative lives in patrington Village.
it was so handy for us. We were stunned by the gardens, interier deco. we stayed in the blue room over looking the Front garden, what a beautiful view from the bedroom window. Helen was very kind and the breakfast was excellent. we would certainly stay again, but will stay longer next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am still a bit stunned that a fantastic B&B exists slightly of the beaten track. I stayed here one night in May 2013 and what a lovely place. I was in the 'Golden Room' which was excellent, warm, comfortable with everything I needed. Helen was a very good host and the breakfast was superb! I hate staying at Hotels and this is one of the best B&B's I have been to, I will certainly be going back.

Room Tip: Close to the town centre and on the main road but although I stayed in the front it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel overall is an excellent place to stay. Very clean, warm and spacious room. Simon & Helen offer a very welcoming service, as I wasn't able to attend the hot breakfast due to an early start at work, I received a packed breakfast. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank KevinCarroll1957
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Lovely hotel, lovingly restored house with no expense spared. Stayed in the pink room, spacious bedroom and bathroom with a roll top bath & shower. Lovely little touches, toiletries, chocolates, fresh coffee and bottles of water, music & a nice full breakfast too. The owners went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. The village has a couple of nice pubs and the Railway restaurant serves nice meals. Thoroughly recommended & a credit to the owners.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jayh111
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Myself and my fiancé visited here with another couple and their baby. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with a very warm welcome. Throughout our stay the staff could not do enough for us, they were excellent. In particular they were extremely understanding of the needs of our friends with their baby. The rooms are beautifully decorated, well appointed and most importantly immaculately clean. All in all it was a fantastic stay and we will definitely be going back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gt1949
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I took my mum here for the Mothers Day 4 course champagne extravaganza and all I can say is I had one very chilled out, relaxed Mum by the end of it! She had had a really stressful time recently and this was just what she needed. The food was only half of the experience; the whole ambiance of the place is just so tranquil and beautiful and Helen and Simon and staff could not have made it a more relaxed, welcoming and wonderful experience. Four courses, preceeded with champagne and canapes to begin with in the bar £25 pp. Exceptional value. Bar prices were very very reasonable with a large glass of wine at £2.60, and diet coke at £1.20.Next time we are booking a room!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All of the 4 rooms on the net look beautiful but I think I would pick the one with the balcony to ca...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank laura s
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Having tried for some time to find suitable accomodation for my team in the Hull area I chanced upon Helen and the Dunedin Country House and I'm very glad i did.

Helen has been an absolutely fantastic host looking after my colleagues every need.

If you're on business in the area and looking for a home away from home then Dunedin is most definitely the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patrington
Kingstown Hotel
#2 of 20 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Elm Tree Farm B & B
Elm Tree Farm B & B
#1 of 5 in Withernsea

Been to Dunedin Country House? Share your experiences!