The main reason to stay here is the views - every room has huge windows that look out over the valley and it really is spectacular!
The hotel is new - to the point of being half built, this does not impact on your stay however as the ground floor and the bedrooms in use are all finished to a really high standard - it really is much nicer than we could have expected, the rooms are huge, lovely and clean, the beds are wonderfully comfortable and the service is spot on - the staff really are very friendly.
There are a few small niggles that stopped me giving them the full five star score and this is all related to the catering. The food is tasty and portion sizes are ample but I think the fact that the place is new is leading to a few issues an challengea and as there is very little else by way of eateries near by you really do need to use their catering services:
- They serve food but have no kitchen on site. All food is cooked of site and brought over so by the time it is served it was often a bit cold.
- The menu is limited - I have no issue with this but there was not one single Sri Lankan dish available as an evening meal and that is a real shame (sandwiches, Italian or Indian food only)
- Dishes are priced in US dollars rather than rupees yet you pay in rupees which is confusing?
- Breakfast options are all very expensive and enormous - our breakfast for two would have fed six people well - and at $5 a head really is on the steep side for sri lanka when we would have been happy with some tea and toast and tea was extra.
- They have set up tables in the reception area but it is a little soulless and not the nicest place to relax with an evening meal.
Once the last building work is completed - this will be an incredible place. It already is pretty wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Thuruliya Lodge” An ideal lodging place in Kandy - Nuwara Eliya Road, Sri Lanka. Its surrounded by Natural water falls, Rivers, Reservoirs, Tea estates, Paddy fields and many more breathtaking types of sceneries. You can visit famous Ramboda Falls, Kothmale mahaa Thoopa, Kothmale dam side, Mackwoods tea Centre, Sri Bhaktha Hanuman Temple and more interesting places. Visit us and Feel the real Change. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Thuruliya Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.