“great little place to get a good barbecue”
Review of Russell's Barbecue

Russell's Barbecue
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 19, 2012

this place has been around forever! quaint little restaurant. i remember going there as a kid. have outside seating too. good variety of food. good sides too. love this place.

1  Thank Verna S

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went with a large group of children. The employees were very paitent and explained the different choices. The young lady working in the dining room moved tables so our group could fit together.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I had Russell's for the first time over 50 years ago. I don't live in the Chicago area any more but was visiting this past week. Had beef sandwiches as takeout, first time in over 10 years. When you open the sandwich it smells just like it did when I was a kid. The beef sandwich still tastes great. Makes me wish I lived closer so I could eat more Russell's - all those great childhood memories come back! Slaw is good too. The only thing different is 50 years ago you also got a very small container of apple sause. They dropped that years ago.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

To call it a BBQ, I think the sauce shouldn't taste like water. Years ago it was great, now I rather go somewhere else.

1  Thank familyunity
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Russell's is a great casual place to go for a burger, etc. It's not anything fancy, obviously. But the barbeque sauce is really good!