“Hockey weekend.”

SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
“Hockey weekend.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Another travel jockey weekend in Chicago with Culver Academy. This hotel ha always been a nice place to stay. Staff is very friendly and I would say they do an above the normal hold level of service expected. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Mr Paul S-

Thank you so very much for your kind words about our hotel. Our staff works very hard to make each guest feel welcome and I am so happy to see that you had good stay during the hockey tournament.

Assistant General

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Edmond, Oklahoma, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I can not say enough about the help I had from the staff here. My friend and my daughter were trying to get to a concert in downtown Chicago, and the front desk helped us navigate the public transportation without any problems so we avoided missing a great event due to traffic! The rooms were extremely spacious and clean. My bed was so comfortable, I slept in a way I rarely do in hotels. The breakfast was hot and delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel as a base outside of Chicago for any of your travels to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello jlhcorley,

We want to thank you for taking the time to review our facility. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations.

It’s always a great pleasure to hear from our guests, who have enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations and as well the special amenities that we have to offer.

We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

The rooms were spacious, the beds were very comfortable, and everything was clean and in good working order. The complimentary breakfast buffet was outstanding and service was great. I wish the pool had been a couple of degrees warmer, but that's just a personal preference. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs lodging the the Chicago area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judith S
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Hello Ms Judith S,

Thank you so very much for your kind words about our hotel. Our staff works very hard to make each guest feel welcome and I am so happy to see that you had good stay.

Thank you again, Charul Dalal Assistant General Manager
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a good hotel, in a good neighborhood that's close to the airport, the train, and the highway into Chicago. The staff was very helpful, the rooms clean, and I felt very welcome during my stay. If you need a hotel the night before a flight, or a place to stay on your way into town this hotel works well. Good access to restaurants and basic shopping if you need to pick something up. Good place....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello AFL95,

We take great pride in our Hotel as well as every individual working at the hotel. We certainly appreciate your business and all the kind words regarding our facility and staff. We are truly grateful that you have chosen us over other available choices.

Thank you, Charul Dalal Assistant General
Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed 2 nights why attending the Ryder Cup at Medinah. Typical value from this quality hotel brand. All the things you expect and none of the things you hope to avoid. Good hot breakfast, courtious service and good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Mr Howard5855,

First and foremost, thank you very much for choosing Springhill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook, IL over our competitors for your accommodation needs. We are delighted to be your host during Ryder Cup.

Secondly, thank you for good reviews and responding to on line survey. We value your business and take great pride in what we do @ Springhill Suites by Marriott.

Once again, thank you very much for the opportunity to host your stay. We look forward to your next stay in near future.

Wokingham, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here for the Ryder Cup. Nice hotel, place was spotless. Rooms good size. Breakfast was great. Good location for the airport, train takes 30 mins to central Chicago. Free shuttle to Elmhurst which has enough bars and restaurants. I'd stay again if visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Hello Haste-ye-back,

Thank you so very much for your kind words about our hotel. We are glad that you had a great experience during the Ryder Cup tournament. Our staff works very hard to make each guest feel welcome and I am so happy to see that you had good stay.

Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I booked this hotel due to this convenient location to a family event. I never made it to downtown Chicago while I was there so I can speak about the hotels convenience to downtown. The hotel was easy to find with lots of parking. The first thing I noticed when walking in the door was the self serve popcorn machine in the lobby. This might seem strange for a hotel but I thought it was great. Not only did my two year old love it but the smell was great and it gave me flashbacks of walking into the old school hardware stores as a kid. The front desk staff was excellent and very helpful. They didn’t even bat an eye when I asked for change for a $5 bill in quarters and dimes to pay the State of Illinois tolls on the surrounding freeways. The lobby also has a small convenience store (room) to buy a quick snack or other essential items. My room was very clean and nice. I would agree with some of the other reviewers that some of the décor was a little dated but definitely not anything that I would complain about. There was a king bed and a hide-a-bed couch. There were extra sheets, a blanket, and a pillow in the room. The bathroom was clean and the shower had lots of water pressure. My room came with a free continental breakfast with I would highly recommend. My wife and I both agreed that it was one of the better continental breakfasts we have had at a hotel. There are make your own waffles, fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, milk, yogurt, pastries, bread among other things. I would definitely stay here again if I return to the area and would recommend it to other travelers. The only reason I am giving it a four out of five stars is that it doesn’t fit into the luxury category of other hotels I have stayed in, or have any great views, or be in the heart of a city with lots of things to do around it within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hello AP-WA,

First and foremost, thank you very much for choosing Springhill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook, IL over our competitors for your accommodation needs. We are delighted to be your host.

Secondly, we value your business and take great pride in what we do @ Springhill Suites by Marriott. I would like to thank you for your recent visit; it was truly a pleasure to serve you. We are glad that the accommodation and services were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at the hotel. I will forward your kind words to our staff.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area? Share your experiences!