I booked this hotel due to this convenient location to a family event. I never made it to downtown Chicago while I was there so I can speak about the hotels convenience to downtown. The hotel was easy to find with lots of parking. The first thing I noticed when walking in the door was the self serve popcorn machine in the lobby. This might seem strange for a hotel but I thought it was great. Not only did my two year old love it but the smell was great and it gave me flashbacks of walking into the old school hardware stores as a kid. The front desk staff was excellent and very helpful. They didn’t even bat an eye when I asked for change for a $5 bill in quarters and dimes to pay the State of Illinois tolls on the surrounding freeways. The lobby also has a small convenience store (room) to buy a quick snack or other essential items. My room was very clean and nice. I would agree with some of the other reviewers that some of the décor was a little dated but definitely not anything that I would complain about. There was a king bed and a hide-a-bed couch. There were extra sheets, a blanket, and a pillow in the room. The bathroom was clean and the shower had lots of water pressure. My room came with a free continental breakfast with I would highly recommend. My wife and I both agreed that it was one of the better continental breakfasts we have had at a hotel. There are make your own waffles, fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, milk, yogurt, pastries, bread among other things. I would definitely stay here again if I return to the area and would recommend it to other travelers. The only reason I am giving it a four out of five stars is that it doesn’t fit into the luxury category of other hotels I have stayed in, or have any great views, or be in the heart of a city with lots of things to do around it within walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Elmhurst is an all studio-suite property serving a complimentary breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, and complimentary parking. Our suites are 25% larger than a standard hotel room and have a mini-fridge, microwave, and sofabed in every room. We have a 24 hour market available for beverages, light meals, and snacks and are 1.7 miles from the Elmhurst Metra Station. The Elmhurst City Centre which boasts over 40 shops and restaurants is 1.5 miles from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Chicago Elmhurst Hotel Elmhurst
- Springhill Suites Elmhurst