“A Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Bellevue, Washington
“A Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I booked this hotel due to this convenient location to a family event. I never made it to downtown Chicago while I was there so I can speak about the hotels convenience to downtown. The hotel was easy to find with lots of parking. The first thing I noticed when walking in the door was the self serve popcorn machine in the lobby. This might seem strange for a hotel but I thought it was great. Not only did my two year old love it but the smell was great and it gave me flashbacks of walking into the old school hardware stores as a kid. The front desk staff was excellent and very helpful. They didn’t even bat an eye when I asked for change for a $5 bill in quarters and dimes to pay the State of Illinois tolls on the surrounding freeways. The lobby also has a small convenience store (room) to buy a quick snack or other essential items. My room was very clean and nice. I would agree with some of the other reviewers that some of the décor was a little dated but definitely not anything that I would complain about. There was a king bed and a hide-a-bed couch. There were extra sheets, a blanket, and a pillow in the room. The bathroom was clean and the shower had lots of water pressure. My room came with a free continental breakfast with I would highly recommend. My wife and I both agreed that it was one of the better continental breakfasts we have had at a hotel. There are make your own waffles, fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, milk, yogurt, pastries, bread among other things. I would definitely stay here again if I return to the area and would recommend it to other travelers. The only reason I am giving it a four out of five stars is that it doesn’t fit into the luxury category of other hotels I have stayed in, or have any great views, or be in the heart of a city with lots of things to do around it within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hello AP-WA,

First and foremost, thank you very much for choosing Springhill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook, IL over our competitors for your accommodation needs. We are delighted to be your host.

Secondly, we value your business and take great pride in what we do @ Springhill Suites by Marriott. I would like to thank you for your recent visit; it was truly a pleasure to serve you. We are glad that the accommodation and services were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at the hotel. I will forward your kind words to our staff.
Once again, thank you very much for the opportunity to host your stay. We look forward to your next stay in near future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I spent 4 nights here and found the location to be convenient to O'Hare without the jet noise and the rooms were comfortable. The breakfast items were hot and plentiful but were the same every day. The staff were courteous and friendly and made every effort to meet the expectations of the guests. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an even-numbered room to avoid the noise from the Interstate. They are several good restaur...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello scottbradford1961,

We want to thank you for taking the time to review our facility. We are glad that we met your expectations.

It’s always a great pleasure to hear from our guests, who have enjoyed our clean and comfortable accomodations and as well the special amenities that we have to offer.

We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I ran the Chicago marathon and I needed a place to stay for just one night. I chose this hotel because it is conveniently located close to O'Hara airport and the subway that takes you straight to downtown (for the marathon they add extra runs early in the morning). Running a marathon is a logistical challenge, especially in a different city. You have to move around an unfamiliar environment, pick up your bib, get to the start line early enough to get a good spot, choose clothes, carb load the night before, etc. I totally lucked out with the SpringHill Suite: the staff was super helpful. They made everything they could to help me with transportation, bag check, after-race shower, 5 AM coffee... I don't know if I could have had such a fantastic running experience without their support.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Mr Roberto B,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for staying with us; we take great pride in our Springhill Suites at Elmhurst IL.

Secondly, thank you for dropping us good comments regarding our facility as well as our staff. We are glad that you had great time during your BIG Marathon run.

We are looking forward to serving you again.

Springhill Suites
410 W Lake Street
Elmhurst IL 60126
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband traveled to Elmhurst for a business training and our daughter and myself decided to join him to explore Chicago. Check in at the hotel went very smooth and the lobby appeared clean and welcoming. When we entered our suite on the 5th floor, it seemed as if we were time warped back into the 1970's. The carpet looked as if it had definitely seen better days and I swear the furniture was from the sitcom "All In the Family." The mildew smell knocked you upside your head as soon as you walked in the door. The bathroom was so small, you could not sit on the toilet and close the door without the door hitting your knees. You had to first step in the bathroom and then close the door. The tub was dirty and when you cut on the shower, it creates this loud vibration sound and you feel for sure that you will wake up all the guest in the hotel. The bed was HORRIBLE. It literally had a dip in the middle of the bed as if you just laid in a low budget waterbed. Dishes sat in the sink for almost three days because the cleaning staff never took the time to wipe down the counters our check the sink. The upside to this hotel was the pool area because it was very well maintained and clean. Also, if you need to use the computer in the office area of the hotel, plan to be there for a while because the computers are extremely slow. Next time we travel back to Chicago, I will probably reach down in my pockets and pay a little more money for a better quality hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank snahomed
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
MS. Snahomed,

Thank you for commenting online regarding our facility, we do hope that you would give us another opportunity.

Cuba, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Was in Chicago with family recently. Picked this hotel since was close to city and not near as expensive as ones downtown. First appearance was very nice from the outside. Easy check in. Lobby nice, clean. Room was king suite with hide a bed sofa. Went to bed first night and noticed spider web in corner of room along with wall paper peeling. Did not like feather/foam pillows nor the cover on the mattress. Just my preference though. Woke the following morning to see the occupant of the web crawling around on the wall in front of me. Sorry to say the spider met his maker. Made coffee and started to get ready for the day. Upon using sink in room noticed that it did not drain well. Also the tub did not drain very well either. Went downstairs for breakfast. Pretty good selection but not nearly enough room for the number of guest. Needs bigger breakfast area. Left for the day and upon arrival back, room was clean. Or so I thought. The following morning went to make coffee again and the coffee from the day before was still in the pot. Overall not to bad but not good enough for the price paid.

1 Thank tyrod
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
First and foremost we appreciate that you have given us an opportunity to serve you, and we are disappointed that we failed to exceed your expectations. We are truly sorry if there was a web in your room.

We did speak to our housekeeping MGR regarding the incident, as we take cleanliness very seriously at Springhill suites. We thoroughly inspect each room after the cleaning and schedule a deep cleaning for each room every three months on top of it. We are hoping that you would give us another chance to prove ourselves.

Thank you again and looking forward to seeing you in near future. Please do not hesitate to call, if you have any other questions.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Traveled to Chicago for a family trip last week with 3 kids. Decided on this hotel due to downtown being very expensive to stay, park, etc.... Around 25 minutes to downtown, minus any rush hour traffic. Easy drive, nice area, a lot of restaurants to eat at close to the hotel. Free parking, free wifi. Doesn't work well at all in the rooms, but not that big of deal. Lobby works fine plus if you went outside your room door, it seemed to work fine. Free breakfast was a huge bonus with 3 kids, especially due to staying 4 nights. Close to the highway. Pool was nice for the kids. Front desk was very nice. Overall the stay was great. Would recommend for sure.

1 Thank Mike Y
Charuldalal, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Mr. Mike,

First and foremost we appreciate that you have given us an opportunity to serve you, and we take great pride in what we do at Springhill Suites.

Secondly, thank you for great comments on our facility as well as front desk staff.

Thank you again and looking forward to seeing you in near future.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Booked 2 nights at a reasonable enough price for a quick family jaunt to Chicago. Good location off the highway and just minutes from some wonderful places to eat, with Elmhurst City Centre a very pleasant surprise. As to the hotel, it was acceptable. It was clean throughout and fairly quiet at night which was a plus as we had two small children with us and tend to worry about them being kept awake by noisy neighbors. Room was good but a bit dated. I would have prefered a modern, non-squeaky sleeper sofa to a large flat screen tv any day. Bathroom was small and dated, although again, was clean. First morning there, we went for breakfast around 8:45 and it was chaos with no table available so we sat in a couple of armchairs with a small coffee table. The breakfast selection was mediocre, on par with La Quinta. We have had much better. Still, a decent cup of coffee and a pastry just about got the job done. We skipped breakfast the next day. The one big annoyance was the pool, which was a reasonable size, but when I took my swim crazy 7 year old down there at about 5pm there was a number of kids in there already having formal lessons! It was like the YMCA, with parents lining the sides and watching. We felt uncomfortable just jumping in so looked for some kind of indication as to what we should do. There was none and no-one to ask, other than one of the parents who did not know, so we had to go out to reception to check. They said it was fine for us to use the pool at the same time, but the whole thing seemed a bit odd. I noticed they had lessons scheduled in to the evening. Had i known this ahead of time, I probably would have booked elsewhere - I would rather not have to worry about crashing in to tiny fledgling swimmers while flinging my kids around. Overall though, the hotel is reasonable value and we have no major complaints, however, we would check other options first next time.

1 Thank David E
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Mr. David,

Charul Dalal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area? Share your experiences!