“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Chicago, Illinois
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

The staff was very helpful. My room had a kitchen, which was a great asset. My bed had a firm mattress, which I loved. Staff was friendly, and very attentive to my questions. Again, the kitchen was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Mary Ann R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and your fully equipped kitchen. I am also thrilled that you received such excellent customer service from our staff. I will be sure to share this review with them. Once more, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Could not find hotel in Chicago week before Memorial Day. Referred to this location. For what I paid, I got a good size, clean room. But cooking smell of the previous occupant permeated & remained in the room throughout my stay. (Also- cooking smells from other rooms wafted into the hallways during dinner hour as well.) The nightly rate I paid at this Extended Stay was very competitive. But I got what I paid for: limited breakfast offerings in the a.m., no lobby area to R&R, no fitness center or pool. There is free WiFI. Limited printing and copying available. The traffic around and near this location at rush hour was abominable (the Interstate runs right by the location) There is a nice city park and community center across the state road approx. 1-2 miles away. But one will need to drive to eating establishments. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We were pleased to provide you with a clean room and friendly service. I am also glad that you liked the free Wi-Fi, grab-and-go breakfast, and our hotel's location.

Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I Travel 100%. This is the nastiest room I have ever been in-everywhere else booked. If my kids were with me I would drive 100 miles to find other hotel! Asked for clean towels and tissue after 6 days, housekeeper say's no, go to desk. I stand at desk for 10 minutes 3 different times, no response. At this point I just washed the stuff I had and will goto Walmart to get supplies. Twice in 6 days they answered desk phone.. Have 5 days to go. Went through and cleaned room myself! The only good thing is I can cook a meal and it has a refrigerator.

Room Tip: Find another Hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Leann B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Leann - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am very sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs properly during your stay. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that your comments are being taken very seriously and I am working with the staff to enhance our services. I am also coaching them on how to provide for our guests better moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at elm@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Elmhurst hotels

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I've stayed here once before and recently returned while waiting on paperwork to go through on a house I bought. I stayed here for 4 months and it was a great stay! I really do feel like Extended Stay is a second home. The free WiFi is a huge plus & the rooms are very comfortable/modern. I reported that the faucet was rusted out and needed to be replaced & they had someone come in and put a new faucet which I did not expect would happen. It snowed badly quite a few times and the lots were cleared of snow pretty quickly which was good. The staff has always been kind & helpful. The only issue I really had was the cleaning was not as good as it could have been. It feels like the cleaning staff is doing a quick sweep. That wasn't the case when I first stayed there so perhaps new staff are not cleaning as well as they could be. Other than that I would totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to learn that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi and spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that our level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to review our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, elm@extendedstay.com. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Woodstock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel last-minute through Hotwire for $42 and $40 respectively (a Friday and Saturday night). We were not expecting very much for that price. We were very pleasantly surprised by a modern, clean building, super-friendly staff, and a very clean, comfortable room with full-size fridge, microwave, and stovetop. A front-desk clerk called our room a few minutes after we arrived to make sure that we were happy with our room. We were.
We found an excellent grocery store nearby (Farmer's Best Market - Some of the best produce I have ever seen!) and made our own meals in our room. This was the perfect location for us, just a short drive to O'Hare.
There was coffee, hot chocolate, oatmeal, bananas, oranges, and a few packaged muffins and breakfast bars offered in the lobby in the morning. Not really breakfast, but good for someone who wanted to grab something small before heading out.
The rate at the desk was $87.99 so we were very pleased with our Hotwire rates.
We will definitely stay here again when we fly out of O'Hare.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Carin - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Bellwood, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at numerous locations, however this hotel needs to have upgrades done. Old toilet seats, faucets are in need of replacement. The front desk staff was nice, but this isn't a location I would visit again, but it may be ok for others.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff. Still, I’m disheartened to learn that our overall accommodations did not meet your expectations. Please know, I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies so that your experience is not repeated. If you would like to add any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, elm@extendedstay.com.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

During my stay, I found some issues with cleanliness that didn't appease me, or I would have rated this 5 stars. Most of the dishes in the cupboards were still dirty, and the amount of soap in the room is just enough for a cup or so. However, the pros outweighed the cons and I would definitely stay here again. Each time I saw someone from the staff, they were very pleasant and helpful. The location is also great, because it's just minutes from the closest train station to downtown, and the local movie theater as well. This is my first time staying with any Extended Stay, and for the most part I was pleased. I will definitely return to this location if I am in the area again.
I'll just have to remember to bring a bottle of soap! :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Sarah – I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so pleased to know that our location and staff met your needs during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Still, I apologize that the cleanliness of your dishes did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue is not repeated in the future. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
No photo provided
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare? Share your experiences!