“Great place to stay.”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

It is never easy working away from home. This Extended Stay is one of the best for making people feel at home. From the housekeeping crew, to the desk personal, to the manager they all made us feel right at home. Grab and go breakfast good. Rooms clean. Corridors clean. Everything in working order. Love this place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

The team and I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I’m glad that we provided you with a clean, comfortable stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast and our clean hotel. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed at several hotels around the country, but I must give Big Kudos to Jessica and her friendly staff for making my stay pleasant and comfortable. They accommodated my request, and made me feel at home this was my second stay with them and I'm all ready looking forward to coming back!

Larry

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Larry – Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I’m so pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly during your visit with us. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a pleasant, comfortable stay. I will be sure to pass your kind remarks on to our team. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

WOW! This place is amazing! I have stayed here on numerous occasions, and have been amazed every time! The staff here outranks and outperforms any of the "high-end" hotels you will ever go to. People are super friendly, helpful, and responsive to all your needs. The prices make this place very affordable and truly a delight to stay. There is always plenty of parking, and the free complimentary coffee and light mini breakfast is always a treat. The rooms are a great size which features: Full Kitchen (Cabinets, Full Fridge, Stove Burner, Sink), Two desks, Recliner, free wifi access, and abundant two tier closet space! Several washers / dryers located on the ground floor. The hotel is close to the expressway/ highway, so traveling is never a problem.

An organization is only as good as the people working there, and that is especially the case with this place. Kudos to the person responsible for hiring such a customer-oriented team of people!

*Tanya is always friendly, super helpful and an absolute pleasure to interact with.

*Betty is very resourceful and helpful!

*Rosie is the heart and soul of the hotel.

*Nick handles any maintenance calls promptly and is a super nice guy!

Other great staff include: Mary and Gary as well!

This place is a true gem!

-Phil E

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Philip - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such fantastic things about our hotel and staff. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our service and the way we made you feel so welcome during your stay.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to continuing our service to you!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The staff are amazing and the place is amazing.I have never stayed at a place like this before and I love it. I have told everyone I know about this place. Thank you so much for great service and amazing care thank u again

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank mikeyboo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with Extended Stay Elmhurst and our staff. We strive to provide a great stay fr all of our guest and I am pleased to hear that we met that goal with you.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband, myself and our family cat recently stayed at the ESA in Elmhurst for 9 days. Since our trip exceeded a week, the daily rate was very attractive -$65.99. This was our first stay in an Extended Stay, but it won't be our last! This property was very clean and modern as it was recently renovated. We had a King suite which included a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, microwave and a stovetop with a couple burners. Pans, silverware and dishes are included, but very limited. We did only limited cooking as there are so many great restaurant along 83 or Kingery, which is very close. If you need a wine bottle opener however, there isn't one provided or available in the hotel (I found out).
Our room was very comfortable; the hotel is quiet and located in an industrial park. There are no restaurants or stores within walking distance. We used the laundry room a couple times. The machines were clean and there were plenty of them; 4 washers, 4 dryers. The hotel employees were friendly and helpful, providing clean towels, paper products, coffee etc. as we needed them.
A 'grab and go' breakfast is provided, including coffee, tea, cereal bars, instant oatmeal, muffins, oranges and apples. However, there isn't a dining area - this is located in the rather small lobby.
If you're looking for the amenities provided by the larger hotel chains, such as Hilton and Marriott, this isn't the place for you. For our needs it was a great location and provided everything we were looking for at a reasonable price.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Kathy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel. It was wonderful to hear that our rooms equipped with kitchens worked out so well for you and your family. We are so happy to provide our quiet and comfortable rooms and the staff and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Helpful staff. Very gracious and went up and beyond their duty to make my stay a very pleasant time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants great service. I'll stay here again on my return trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review of our property. I'm thrilled that the staff was so gracious and your stay was so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Let me start off with the fact that this was the first ESA room that I didn't feel compelled to clean before unpacking my bags! Nicely updated, comfy, & yes, really clean. Betty at check-in was great. She allowed me to view 3 different rooms to pick one that suited me best. Altho I have stayed at ESA before, she thoroughly reviewed the policies with me. I was only staying 7 nights so housekeeping wasn't performed. If you need anything, ask at the front desk. They provide a basket in the room for trading in towels. i appreciate having the kitchenette, so did not use the breakfast option. There is a grocery store on Grand & York Rd, and restaurants nearby. Good location, as far as highways go, and the girls were helpful when I needed directions. I saw people walking dogs out back so it's pet-friendly, as well (check fees).

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the highway, if that sort of noise bothers you. They share a driveway with a use...