“Extended Stay Inn - Elmhurst, IL”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Chicago, Illinois
“Extended Stay Inn - Elmhurst, IL”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Extremely friendly and accommodating staff. Rooms have been renovated and are extremely clean. Location is quiet and easy access to major interstates. I was able to work from a self made office (Wi-Fi connection was strong but all that is offered - no LAN line) For the value it cannot be beat when a long term stay is required.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. It means a lot. We are happy to hear you liked our recent renovation, we do too! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 5, 2012

While hotel my family and I are waiting for our home to be ready to move into. We decided to try out a few hotels in the area, after a couple stays at other hotels we checked into The Extended Stay America in Elmhurst thinking we woukd be moving on to another location in a week. Only to find out that the STAFF at this hotel were so friendly and made sure we had everything we needed to feel at home. When we first arrived the rooms were comfortable and very clean, kid and pet friendly, which made our Family very happy. Than as we noticed some changes taking place in and around the Hotel we of course asked and where told they where remodling. Although we had to move out of uor room to a different one while they remodled it, the staff was very helpful in making that transistion easier for us,and wow was it worth it! We are now back in our original room and it looks BEAUTIFUL! All decked out leather chairs new beds ,flat screen TV extra storage in bathroom I could go on,but you get the point. If you ever need a home away from home this is the place for you. Great Job Guy's and Thank's So Much.
Victoria A.

Room Tip: I'm a smoker so I like the fourth floor,so if you don't smoke stay on the first 3 floors. Al...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Wow, what an honor to receive such a great review! We really appreciate it! Come back and see us when our renovation is complete in December. By that time we will have a new bedding package and flat screen televisions. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've been in the extended stay for five day and i'm happy that i stop here and not staying at my friends house the service has been excellent, the shaff is great and the bed was very comfortable,the internet wi/fi worked great on my ipad and the rooms are large ..

Room Tip: The higher floors have a really good view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your terrific review of the ESA Elmhurst. We were so happy to read this review. Just to let you know, the next time you come back and stay with us we should have competed our renovation to include a new bedding package and flat screen televisions! We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

the hotel staff is friendly and very helpfull the rooms are very clean/ close enough to the airport but not to close for plane noise.housekeeping does a great job cleaning for guest who stay for a long peorid of time the hotel very clean around the entire property

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay went and was very glad to hear you were "very happy." The Elmhurst ESA is located perfectly near O'Hare airport, and close to downtown Chicago. We hope you will come back in the near future and experience our completed renovation.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the nice clean lobby or the well kept grounds... room was discusting! We booked this property having stayed at a comparable property in the past knowing full well that it's a self serve extended stay property but there is no excuse for dirty rooms. When we opened the door to our room we were greeted with a musty smell and sticky floors. Upon further looking the walls had finger prints all over, the toilet had dried up urine around the base, kitchen had spill spots on counter, night table had some crusty dried up spill on it and the remote for the tv didn't work. Off to the store to get some cleaning wipes. I'l let my pics tell the rest of the story. Bottom line, might be a decent chain to stay at but keep driving past this run down property.

• Stayed October 2012
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Chicago - Elmhurst. I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. The hotel is receiving a full renovation this month, and I encourage you to try us again when you are back in the area.
Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your experience, and rest assured it has been addressed.

Travelers are raving about these Elmhurst hotels

Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed for a week and several times I needed help from the front desk. Their night desk clerk Carolyn was always there and did what ever she could to make it so I could get the things done I had to get done. I had several problems with airline tickets and getting paperwork done with work. She went out of her way to help me solve my problems!

Room Tip: Don't take the one next to the elevator in any hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your great comments about the hotel. Our staff was so happy to hear that their efforts for flawless customer service has paid off! I wanted to let you know that our hotel is going through an interior renovation that should be completed around Thanksgiving. I hope you will come see it next time you are in the area.
Wauconda, Illinois
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had a good experience staying here. Was a little worried from the other reviews but was pleasantly suprised. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, all in all I had a comfortable and worry free stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare? Share your experiences!