“Exactly as rated on hotwire.com”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Greenville, South Carolina
“Exactly as rated on hotwire.com”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

It's time to begin traveling again so I needed a place to lay my head for a few hours before I begun driving again. I arrived around midnight and there wasn't much parking left so I had no choice but to block the trash dumpster praying no one wakes me up to earlier to move my truck. The lady at the front desk was very very kind since I was half sleep on her counter but I wanted a king size bed she went upstairs to personally check the room for me. When I asked what time is check out she said the latest I can give u is 12pm and I'll put it in your file. I'm thinking great I'll get another hour sleep after driving 15 hours. Wrong.

When I entered my room it was very spacious, kitchen, good hot water but I don't think I've seen a smaller tv in a hotel room I had to lay at the end of the bed to watch it. Also the heat (yes it's summer but I sleep with heat) in my room didn't work so instead of complaining to the kind lady I slept in extra clothes. Someone left the ac on freeze.

Guess someone didn't read the files of who checks out what day because at 10am I receive a call to my room. Are you checking out today? There goes 2 hours of sleep I could have had. Pissed me off so much I just checked out didn't try to get the rest of my sleep.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, August 7, 2012

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The service is pretty good. We have a kitchen in our own room and all necessary amenities. The room is clean. The staff is helpful and friendly.

The location is slightly inconvenient for those who don't have a car. It takes around 5 mins ($10 cab fare) to get to the closest train station (either bensenville metra station or elmhurst metra station). There are no shuttle service even though it's close to the airport.
If you stay less than 7 nights, there's no cleaning service either.

I got the deal on hotwire.com (only $34 for a night) so it's still good for what I paid for.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stay at Extended Stay several times a year because it is close to family and with a young child the kitchenette is very convenient. The beds are comfortable and the hotel is always quiet. The rates are very affordable especially considering our repeat visits to the area for holidays etc. The hotel is dependable and the staff is very helpful in making reservations. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Renee Z
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Renee,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Chicago - Elmhurst. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed there a few weekends ago. We were in town visiting family and sight seeing in the city. Needed a place to stay while in the area and this was a suggestion. Glad we decided on this location. Happy days in the city with family, rest full nights in our rooms. With the full kitchen, we rarely ate out. Management was very attentive to our needs and so was the front desk and other staff. The facility was clean and pretty close to famly and near by attractions. Great price for what we got, actually felt like I owe you guys a few bucks. LOL

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
McKenna,

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Elmhurst. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great quiet place to get a good night sleep. I stay here often and for some extended periods. I'm left alone and allowed quiet comfort to relax. It's perfect for me and offers an excellent value! What else can I ask for?

Room Tip: I prefer the upgraded bedding--but that's just me.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Larry,

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Chicago - Elmhurst. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Canandaigua, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were in town visiting family and needed a place to stay close by. We were greeted by wonderful staff and management. They went out of their way to make sure everything was to our liking. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Great rates! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Shawny,

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Elmhurst. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Stafford, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Absolutely ZERO problems here. The staff was considerate, the room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. I had troubles navigating my way around the area so the staff memebers, Jessica and Michelle, took a lot time out to help me get to where I was going. There is something to be said about common courtesy! I recomend this hotel for sure!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Charlene,

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Elmhurst. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I'm so pleased that Jessica and Michelle were able to help you get around the area. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare? Share your experiences!