Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
GardenInn.com
$114
ExtendedStay
$71
All reviewsbanquet hallfront deskfamily suiteindia houseplanning processmicrowave and fridgeroom was clean and comfortablegreat jobservice was greatindoor poolhotel roomfull kitchenfree breakfastdowntown chicagoeventweddingguests
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staff and management (Ramananita) provided great customer service. They took good care of our reunion party. The facilities were spacious and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel for a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband, parents and I recently stayed at the Waterford Clarion because our son was having his wedding and reception in their convention area. We arrived in the midst of Chicago’s worst rain ever with flooding rampant. The hotel is located within easy driving distance of the toll way and we located it quickly using the website directions in the torrential rainfall. The staff promptly checked us into our rooms, which were comfortable, clean and laid out well. My parents had a double room which had two comfortable beds, refrigerator and microwave, cushioned chair and desk. We had a king-suite room which was larger and also came with a pull-out sofa.
With all the plane cancellations throughout our stay due to the weather, the lobby was bustling with distressed passengers being brought over from O’Hare Airport. We even watched a news helicopter hover over the river behind the hotel transmitting a live report about the flooding on the opposite side. Yet with all this chaos, the front desk personnel were always efficient and pleasant. Anything we asked for was promptly located and delivered, even an unusual request for a large empty box. The café is open only for breakfast and dinner, but the tables and televisions are always available. The hotel is connected with the convention center through the lobby and café. They have an adequate exercise room and an indoor pool, both of which were also kept clean. The only negative would be the lack of an elevator when checking in with your luggage, but they kept luggage carts at the top of the stairs to help you down the long hallways.
The convention side of the hotel also was efficiently staffed. All the wedding functions planned went smoothly, even with the large guest count.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle of the back hallway to steer clear of hallway and outside door noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

To start off with, comforter was soiled with some gross stain! I did not bother houskeeping on the first night since I was a late arrival. I reported it the next AM and it was not changed when I returned from work. I was getting ready to check out, but the manager graciously offered theirbest suite to stay. I accepted, but that doesn't change the fact that this old tired out of the way property is no bargin. Next AM, I went to get the cup of ususal lobby coffee and the girl happily announced that it was $1.95. There is no choice hotel anyhwere that has coffee worth that much. The parking lot if full of holes--full of them.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the past few years. They do their best to keep things in good shape and have recently done some much needed updating to the pool area. I was travelling with the family this time and the huge pool (compared to most hotel pools) is wonderful and our favorite feature of the hotel.

Rooms are a little tight, so we opted for adjoining rooms (2 double beds in each) to fit our family of 6. That works out very well for us as the extra bathroom sure does help!

Like some other reviewers I too miss the free breakfast we usually get at Choice Hotels. We never use the Bistro, but instead opt to go out, or go pick up what we need at the Dominick's just down the street (North on Route 83) and bring it back to the hotel to eat. Much cheaper that way. If they brought back the free breakfast it would be much appreciated. We have stayed at a nearby hotel in Lombard (also a Choice Brand hotel) and they still have the free breakfast, so if the free breakfast outweighs the bigger pool that is a good place to stay also. But if the bigger pool is more important when travelling with the kids, this is the place to be.

Staff are always very helpful and professional.

Room Tip: If you need more space for a larger family ask for adjoining rooms...they have them with 2 double beds in each room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Very clean, great staff. The Bistro personnel were very accomodating, friendly and made me feel welcome. The front desk was also very nice. When we come back to the area we will use Clarion Inn at Waterford again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business