“Wonderful Staff, Service, and Banquet Hall” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center

Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Wonderful Staff, Service, and Banquet Hall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I had my sister's wedding reception at the Waterford and I was really amazed at the quality of service I received. I have done other events (weddings and dinners) at other venues- but the staff and management at the Waterford and Clarion Hotel were really organized and managed each and every detail of our event -way above my expectations. They went out of their way to make our experience and event a major success. Dinner was conducted so smoothly and quietly - there was no clanking of dishes being served for all 750 people. Guests staying at the hotel were really happy and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this banquet hall and hotel facility to anyone doing a large reception. Pritish and Arvin were excellent in answering all of my questions and helping me conduct the entire event.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

My guests and I stayed at Clarion Inn for my wedding and it was the most memorable experience i have ever had!! The hotel staff and management were the friendly, the breakfast was amazing, and the rooms were perfect. We had the whole hotel to us and everything went perfect as planned!! All of my wedding events were at Waterford Banquet hall, so it was very convinent for myself and my guests. Our honeymoon suite was amazing, it was 2 floors and just perfect for the amount of people, it was the perfect size for my bridesmaids and myself to get ready together on the day of the wedding. I would recommend this hotel and the banquet hall for anyone who is getting married. The service at Clarion was the best, you can ask for anything and they are there to help you in any way.

Location
      Rooms
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Clarion Hotel for my brother's wedding, and to say the least it was the most enjoyable and memorable experience I have ever had. The hotel staff is friendly, helpful, and always smiling. The wedding itself was at the Waterford Conference Center which is attached to the hotel. The convenience of the location, the impecable quality of the products, and the extremely helpful management made the wedding one for the books. I cant say enough about everyone at the hotel and conference center. They were absolutly amazing!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
alfindlay, General Manager at Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We appreciate your kind words. We are always looking for ways to improve our quality of service and we've dedicated resources to ensure that your stay is a memorable. I'm very happy to hear that our efforts are paying off positvely. We hope you will continue to choose us as your prefferred place of accomodation and look forward to serving you again. Good Luck.
Elmhurst, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have stayed here several weeks over the past few months and I must say this is the LOUDEST hotel during the day. The doors are very loud when they slam shut, the cleaning staff are extremely loud while cleaning and the front desk wont do anything about it. I spoke with the manager Kim, and she was EXTREMELY RUDE and didnt care at all. She advised me that the cleaning ladies have a job to do and she cant control how loud they are. I WILL NEVER stay here again, definitely the WORST hotel for getting rest that I have ever stayed at in thousands of hotels that I have stayed in. VERY RUDE STAFF AND HOTEL GUESTS!!! I contacted the owners and they pretty much gave me the runaround. I also contacted Clarion corporation and again, they blew me off. HORRIBLE HOTEL TO STAY AT. The hallways seem to magnify the sound from anyone upstairs or downstairs shutting doors.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alabamahummer
Marietta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Front desk service was decent if a bit slow. Banquet staff were awesome.
The king bedroom was small but clean and had a granite bathroom.
The room A/C was a bit noisy.
Odd location in an industrial park next to factories.
A quiet location, clean facility, great banquet halls, poor complimentary breakfast.
2 floors but no elevator.
A couple of units were 2 floor condo type units with full kitchens.

Room Tip: Get a room on the bottom floor close to the back entry door so you can park in the back.
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

It was an older hotel, but the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The towels were soft and fluffy. My room also had a couch that made into a bed. The first night I had trouble with my TV, so I called the front desk. Someone immediately came to rectify the situation. The breakfast buffet needed more variety. The only fruit offered was a bowl of apples. Also, there was no drinking water offered, and I had to request water.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Waukesha, WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel's common areas are outdated but clean and spacious. There is also a large outdoor courtyard and seating area between the hotel and banquet facility (The Waterford). My only real complaint is that the indoor pool was dirty.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus

Been to Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center? Share your experiences!