“Lyons Township Dog Training Club inc.”

Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Villa Park, Illinois
“Lyons Township Dog Training Club inc.”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We had one of our AKC judges staying at the hotel which came highly recomended from the Elmhurst Visitor and Tourism Bureau. The sales director for the hotel Linda Smith was very helpful when it came down to accomodating our judge. The staff was gracious and friendly. The room was very clean, spacious, and the beds from what our judge told us, were very comfortable. The breakfast was up to par,the pool area was nice and clean. The view from the room has a beautiful view of the courtyard,

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed June 2, 2011

When we began planning our trip to Chicago my husband contacted the Elmhurst Office of Tourism and spoke with Marlene. He was asking questions about trains to Chicago and told her we were staying at the Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center. Marlene was very helpful and told us to contact Linda Smith the Director of Sales at the Clarion. Linda went out of her way to make our stay very pleasant. She prepared a packet of information for us and recommended places to eat both in Elmhurst and Chicago. She provided us with a train schedule and the hotel had a free shuttle to the train station. It was $4.00 each to ride the train into Chicago which beats driving there and having to pay $50 plus (per day) to park at a hotel. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were comfortable. We had a king suite which was very nice. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Mauritius
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Stayed here in April while attending a conference at the attached Convention Center, so only stayed here for 1 night during the convention, otherwise stayed in downtown Chicago (about 45mins away).

It's a clean, no frills kind of hotel that gets the job done, and what you would expect from the Clarion brand.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2011

If you have your own car its perfect.
I f you don't then you need to rely on Shuttle or taxi to get to public transport.
Breakfast needs a bit of an upgrade to suit my Aussie taste. However the amount available was very generous.

The staff here are fantastic, the business centre has two computers which is great for an Aussie to be able to email home.

Room Tip: ask for non smoking and a quite room
Michigan
Reviewed April 21, 2011

This hotel is somewhat odd. First, it is located within an industrial park and is accessible from the frontage road of Kingery Highway. It is not directly on the frontage road, but is actually located one block from the frontage road. If you had no idea where it was located, you’d never guess. Luckily there are signs visible from Kingery Highway that direct you to the hotel.
The grounds are poorly kept. The driveway and parking areas are crumbling and there is a dearth of landscaping. Pieces of trash litter the grounds. One small courtyard is littered with broken pieces of concrete and brick on the bare soil. The building is neither attractive nor unattractive. It resembles every other chain hotel scattered along the highways of the United States.
The public spaces of the interior is sparsely furnished, but you get the idea that someone had much grander dreams of what this hotel would be when it was first conceived. None-the-less, the lobby, corridors and public spaces are clean.
When I arrived in the early evening on a Sunday, there apparently was only one person working the desk because I had to wait approximately ten minutes while the desk clerk finished taking a reservation. He apologized to me, was professional, and handled my check-in promptly.
The room was small but adequate for my business travel needs. The bed was comfortable, as was the desk chair. Free wireless internet connection is provided. The furnishings were nice as was the décor. The rooms have a mini fridge and a microwave oven. There are one washer and one drier on the second floor for guests to use. If there is one complaint, it is that the walls of the rooms don’t provide much sound attenuation. Voices and slamming doors were easily heard, and seemed to occur into the night during the first two nights of my stay. The transmission of sound through the walls wasn’t severe enough to disturb me, but I did notice it.
There is a fitness room with five pieces of equipment. I used it and I saw one other person use it. There is also an indoor pool. I didn’t use it, and saw no other guest use it, but I looked in and it looked nice.
The hotel provides a continental breakfast, which is just adequate. It includes bagels and English muffins, some Danish, two types of cereal, two types of juice, eggs and sausage and biscuits and gravy the next, apples and coffee. It isn’t the worst I have ever experienced, but it is far from the best.
One other oddity is that apparently this is a preferred hotel for truckers. Each evening the parking lot resembles a truck stop as it filled with semi-trucks; anywhere from three to twelve, and each morning they would leave. The presence of the trucks in no way lessened the experience of my stay. If it weren’t for the truckers, there would almost be no guests during the week, which made me wonder why I heard other guests. If you have a hotel with one hundred and four guest rooms on two floors, and you only have twenty guests, why wouldn’t you space them apart with at least one room between guests to provide a quiet experience. There were guests in the adjacent room and the room across the hall during my entire stay, yet, based on the cars in the lot, there couldn’t have been more than twenty-five or thirty guests.
So, having provided the notion that this hotel is a little odd, I have to say that I would stay here again for business. It is comfortable and reasonably priced, you generally will have the fitness room and pool to yourself if you choose to use them, the large television in the room provides 95 channels (although about ten are Spanish stations) and the building is located far enough from the highway that traffic noise is not an issue. I walked around the inside of this hotel and observed that it is really clean. I would not stay here for pleasure. There are no restaurants within two of three miles of the hotel and the immediate area of the hotel is a little depressing. Upscale shopping is available at Oak Brook Mall, located approximately three miles south of the hotel. When all is said and done, I’d choose this Clarion Inn again. It worked well for my business travel.

1 Thank SEMich
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We hosted our Quarterly meeting at the Waterford and it was amazing. We had 160 employees attend. Throughout the planning process the Waterford was so accommodating and helpful down to the very last detail. The night of the event everything was perfect, it looked beautiful and the food was delicious. We will definitely be back for our next quarterly.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed January 19, 2011

It's very hard to please 150 Harley Owers, and the Clarion went beyond our expectations. We chose the Clarion to host our annual Christmas party because of the proximity to our dealer Wild Fire in Villa Park and because it was a hotel. Before booking I was offered a tour of the facilities and several of the guest rooms. I was very impressed and even more so excited to share this fantasitc "diamond in the rough" with my extened family.
Kudos to Pritesh the GM and his wonderful staff, you exceeded our expectations. I can't say enough about the menu at the party, wonderful and plenty of good food. The servers are very accomodating and polite. Always helpful! The room was just beautiful and everyone had an amazing night. As for the guest rooms, the beds were so comfortable that I did not want to get up the next morning. Glassware is not plastic and the marble in the bathrooms is a nice touch. We will certainly recommend this venue to family and friends.

• Stayed January 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center? Share your experiences!