“Fabulous!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Chicago
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Fabulous, friendly and helpful staff with an upgraded modern sleek decor...not to mention a Starbucks cafe on site! I'm a Marriott loyalist and was pleasantly surprise with how fabulous this Courtyard was. Typically pictures can be misleading but in this case I don't think it does the place justice especially since the location is a bit off the beaten path. It was more than I was expecting and will come back/refer the place to family, friends and coworkers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ElmhurstCourtyard, Guest Experience Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Wow! It is nice to know that we impress even the seasoned Marriott travelers. Since we remodeled our property last year, our pictures are extremely accurate. Our new modern decor and layout is designed to allow business travelers to accomplish their work tasks and provides our leisure guests with plenty of places to socialize and spend time relaxing. But more important than any picture is the word-of-mouth we receive from our frequent guests. Thank you so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel almost every other week since Oct 2012 and find it to be one of the best Courtyards I've stayed at. Friendly & helpful staff. Rooms up the usual Courtyard norm or better (some have microwaves). Food is very good and quick. One bonus is that it departs a bit from the Courtyard footprint format and is more like a normal hotel vs. the normal rabbit maze of corridors which could put to quite a walk from the lobby. I highly recommend staying at this Courtyard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ElmhurstCourtyard, Guest Experience Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
I am so glad that you keep coming back to stay with us! The loyalty of our "regulars" means so much to our staff! When you return, be sure to try our new Bistro menu. We have kept the most popular items, like the flatbreads and burger, but added some new healthier options and salads!
Jenison, Michigan
Reviewed June 26, 2013

One reason I recommend this hotel is the front desk staff, kind, knowledgeable and friendly, Bobby is fantastic and has a great memory for previous guests. He's always ready to help or answer questions. Recently helped me out when I lost my new Smart Phone, he called all of the places we had been, located it and had a cab ready to take me to retrieve it in a matter of minutes, can't say enough good about him, wish they could clone him and put a version of him at every hotel.
The rooms are comfortable with Soft closing doors which we appreciate, service in the restaurant is also very good and they are all polite. Nice little courtyard area if you enjoy smoking is a plus and a good size pool if you have kids along. Great location with Oakbrook Open Air Mall near and just a short drive to Shaumburg Mall and the Airport. Very easy on/off of the freeway yet just far enough away so as not to hear the traffic noise.
We will definitely be back often.

Room Tip: Just see Bobby or who ever is working and explain what your looking for, they're sure to help if...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WOW! I am so thrilled that Bobby made such a positive impression on you during your experience with us! Our entire team is dedicated to anticipating the needs of our guests and it is so nice to know that it shows in our work!
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

After a hellacious trip from west palm beach to chicago, we found ourselves getting in friday morning instead of thursday night. Stuck overnight in Atlanta (no sleep), we thought we'd never get into Chicago. Showed up at Courtyard Marriott Elmhurst and we were treated with white glove service. They had a room ready for us and constantly catered to our needs. Clean, neat and friendly staff from check-in through maid service. So close to the highways, we could jump on to see the city or visit friends in St. Charles. I will always choose this hotel again. Bill and Maryann W.

Room Tip: Suites make it easy to relax after a long day of sight-seeing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry to hear that you had a terrible time traveling to the hotel, but I am glad you were able to relax once you arrived. Our location's easy access to Downtown Chicago is one of the great features for our leisure guests. Just a few miles from the Metra station and right of the expressway, getting to the city is very convienent. If you return, be sure to pick up a downtown guide from the front desk. The guest services team created an easy follow guide to getting around Chicago using public transportation.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I found the associates at this Courtyard very welcoming. This was my first stay at this hotel. Nice clean room, good towels. The hotel is near the Oak Brook mall, which is nice. The lobby looked nice and perhaps recently renovated. I'll stay here again when I have business in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ElmhurstCourtyard, Guest Experienc Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
You are right; our property was updated last year! We have new linens, towels, and decor! In addition, our Courtyard has the new Bistro, which is open for breakfast and dinner. Next time you are in town, you can enjoy dinner there after a long day of shopping at the mall!
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff at the hotel your friendly and very helpful. However, the person who helped the most was the lady that helped us set up the arrangement through the Captial One points desk. I discovered the morning of the trip (May 24, 2013) that I had the reservation in my name instead of my husbands, while trying to solve that matter, discovered that there was not a reservation at all. The helpful person (wish I could remember her name) helped me to book at hotel (which was awsome) and take care of my travel plans. The entire trip would have been ruined if not for her. Kathy Betz

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ElmhurstCourtyard, Guest Experience Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much! Our staff takes pride in making sure every guest leaves our hotel having had an exceptional experience! I am so pleased everything worked out with your points and you were able to enjoy our property. I hope you will be our guest again in the future.
wake forest, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel, I usually stay at a competing brand. I recieved a very nice welcome and was immediatly recognized as a reward member. The room was clean and in great shape, they gave you a coupon for a free drink at night and breakfast in the morning. the lobby looked new and had many PC business workstations for use. I will definitly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad you had a great experience at our hotel, especially if Marriott is not your usual brand of choice. Our business travel guests are particularly important to us and we strive to make sure you have everything you need to get your work done. Our business computers are available 24 hours a day and have complimentary color printing. Hopefully, you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast from our Bistro. Guests seem to really enjoy the variety of breakfast options-- having both full breakfast options and "on-the go" choices.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area? Share your experiences!