“Good location with excellent customer service.”

Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed at several courtyard hotels for business. This is on par with the rest. Excellent customer service, friendly staff and a clean room. It has a nice little workout facility and was exactly what I needed for my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
ElmhurstCourtyard, Assisstant General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I am happy that you had such great things to say about our hotel!

Next time, when you are done in the work out room, be sure to take a dip in our indoor pool!

Additionally, have you tried the fresh salads in our Bistro? They are fantastic!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed a this Courtyard location on 3 different occasions for business trips. Each time the staff has been exceptional, the room very clean, nice and quiet. The location is very convienient for me. I do prefer to have lobby coffee available with real cream. I did use the room coffee and it was good.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room on the backside of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for such a great review of our hotel!

While our in room coffee is great, we also offer Starbucks for sale in our bistro!

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is fine and is up to the standards of its name. GPS directions are bad, as they lead to you to the opposite side of a divided highway and you are miles from the next U-turn. In addition to its official address on North Illinois Route 83 (Kingery Highway), you can access the hotel via a parking lot entrance from E North Avenue. If you set your GPS destination to the hotel, before you go beyond the intersection of North Avenue and Kingery Highway (route 83) look up and observe the hotel's sign. Be sure to see the map on the hotel's website before you go to get your bearings. The hotel has notified Marriott and Navtec of the problem but there is no solution so far.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank phu14
ElmhurstCourtyard, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

First, I would like to thank you for your great scores!

Your suggestions on how to get into our hotel despite GPS difficulties were wonderful! If I may also suggest an alternative address:

671 W. North Avenue
Elmhurst, IL

This address will gain you easy access to our neighbors the "Maple Tree Family Restaurant". Their parking lot connects to ours and should provide easy access!

Again, I want to thank you very much for such a great rating and I hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My dealings with this location was hit or miss. I thought I was getting a great Valentines day deal because this was the only Marriot in IL that had a room with a hot tub left. I was able to use my reward points to get the room free for two nights. I was stoked and so was the ladyfriend. I knew I was taking a chance driving to the burbs, but I couldnt pass up the fact that there was a hot tub. The Marriot Hotline customer service representative really oversold me the room and when I got there, I couldn't believe my "booking eyes!" It was so blah, and the customer service was good every other interaction and below par otherwise. We froze our buns off all night since the thermostat was a dud and the hot tub that was the epicenter for this entire experience didn't even work. All they did was give me 500 points back, I spent like 15,000 for the experience. I may never stay at a Courtyard again because of this single experience. Sucks because the facility isn't half bad. Luckily we had the Kings suite and locked ourselves in their when we werent out in Oakbrook checking out the restaurant scene. Oh and this place is really hard to find so call them and get the directions before you use your navigation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ElmhurstCourtyard, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize once more for any inconvenience you may have experienced at our hotel.

As promised when we spoke on the phone the day of your check out, I have followed up with our engineering team to correct these issues.

I am glad you did receive the 500 points that was credited to your account. Although you said it was unnecessary on the phone, I felt it was important to ensure our guest know we value their comments and suggestions.

Also, thank you for the kind comments regarding our customer service! We strive every day to continually improve and give our customers a great experience!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Do not get a room facing the road you will here traffic all night, ask for a king got 2 queens, no coffee in the room went down to lobby had to pay $2.50. Employees very nice and helpful just wasn't very impress with the place and we stay at a courtyard where ever we go

Room Tip: rooms on southside are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ElmhurstCourtyard, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I am sorry to hear you had difficulty sleeping due to the noise of the adjacent highway! The next time you visit we will make sure you get a great rest in a room facing away from the traffic!

While we provide Starbucks Coffee for purchase from our Bistro, we will still provide the convenience of Royal Cup Barista Bold complimentary coffee in our guest rooms!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel has 7 floors. The back of the hotel faces Salt Creek- a water way that is larger than the name implies. I appreciated the natural view from this city location. At night there was a pretty lit up skyline to contemplate. I appreciated that the hotel had sheer curtains in addition to the black out drapes so that I could awake with the sunrise the way I do at home.

The room was fresh and clean with interesting graphic art.

I prefer a room to have a microwave but there is a microwave available down in the lobby.

The lobby is very warm and welcoming. It has a fireplace and large overstuffed chairs that provide a living room setting for friends gather and catch up.

The staff was welcoming and accommodating. Follow their directions on how to get into the hotel. If you mess up the turn it is a ways to turn around and go back. Our GPS did not give us the correct directions to make the turn.

This hotel is definitely on my will return list.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the creek side- the other side faces the road.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

On behalf of our staff, I would like to thank you for your very kind words!

We are working hard everyday to provide our guests with a great place to stay and excellent service!

I am sorry to hear about your trouble locating us with the GPS. This is a problem we are aware of and are working dilligently to have it corrected. It's important to us to provide an easily accessible hotel to our guest who are traveling near or far!

The next time you visit us you may find access is easier though the parking lot of the Maple Tree Pancake House on the insection of 83 and North Ave. The parking lots are interconnected and will provide you a path straight to our door!

I thank you again for your kind words and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times this year for business. The front desk staff and staff throughout the hotel are very friendly and willing to help. The airline jammed my luggage combination lock and their hotel maintenance used patience and smarts to open the lock vs.saying "oh well" and busting the suitcase open. Huge relief! The rooms are always very clean and the beds are comfortable. The lobby is nice and modern, and there is a business area for computer and printing needs. On occasion they've run out of popular items for breakfast and it can take a long time to get your order if there are a lot of business clientel, but I'm not a breakfast fan so that doesn't affect me much. I have no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ElmhurstCourtyard, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

We are glad you found our Front Desk staff so welcoming and accommodating. We have shared your compliments with our entire staff and in particular our Engineering Department.

We are pleased we were able to open your luggage without any damage. I apologize for our Bistro running out of a particular item during breakfast, which I can assure you is not typical at the Bistro. We are constantly working to improve our hotel and will take you comments into consideration.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back as our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
1 mi away
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area? Share your experiences!