“My boss calls this "my hotel" -- I can see why”

Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Los Angeles, California
“My boss calls this "my hotel" -- I can see why”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Tricky entrance coming when going South on Route 83. Going North on Routh 83, need to turn left on Rt64 to enter thru parking lot.
Other than the tricky way to locate parking access, this hotel is modern in lobby & within the rooms. Modern and very spacious lobby with the typical modern cafe and coffee/bar. Though elevators a little slow, I like returning to a modern & clean room. The beds are not the most comfortable (not like the Heavenly bed in other hotels), but sufficient.
Though I didn't use other amenities (gym,pool), they looked clean from afar.
Staff is always (I mean always) helpful. I was looking for coffee at 12:30am and staff went out of the way to try to get me a cup of coffee. Thanks for the consistency in service and amenities. I can see why my boss call this "my hotel". It's definitely on my preferred list.

Room Tip: If you don't like to wait for elevator, perhaps a room closer to ground floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ElmhurstCourtyard, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We always appreciate hearing that we've done well and definitely take pride in the excellent service, amenities and care for our hotel.

It is true, getting into the hotel, is tricky, if you are heading North on Route 83 (Kingery Highway) , since you can not make a left turn off Route 83 into our parking lot. You would have to make a Left on Route 64 (North Avenue) and then an immeidate right into the parking lot. We are located at the corner of Route 83 and Route 64.

Our entire team is forcused on making every guest's stay a memorable experience and I am glad we were able to just do that at 12.30am for you.

We would love to have you and your boss, again as our guest, the next time you are in the Elmhurst area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Bloomingdale, Illinois
Reviewed November 25, 2012

An excellent value with a very helpful and attentive staft. If you're staying in area this hotel will convince you to return. Shopping nearby along with good driving transportation options.Location is very good if you're driving. Not sure about their shuttle service to and from the airport because I drive because having a car is my preference.
Fitness center and pool are very good with equipment that is always working properly. Free weights, nautilus along with treadmill and other machines. Not a health club, but fits the bill if you use this amenity.

Room Tip: I like rooms near the elevator ... just a personal preference
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and you think we are a great place to stay.

Your recommendation means everything to us and we would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post a review.
New Riegel
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have stayed at the Marriott Elmhurst on three separate occasions between 2012 and 2011. The staff was polite and helpful. The hotel is an excellent deal for the price. Rooms are comfortable, clean, and with little noise from other rooms, hallway, traffic, or airport was evident. Clean linens, great water pressure, a nice pool and hot tub. Exercise room is always available. We like the convenience of traveling about 2 miles into Elmhurst and being able to take the commuter train into Chicago and then return. Elmhurst is beautiful city with a small town atmosphere, great restaurants, bars and other amenities. The only problems is turning into the place from 83. We always turn at the intersection light and use the little road the runs in front of the mattress company. Melissa D
Melissa DeMoss, Ohio

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa D
Thank you for your loyalty to the Elmhurst Courtyard and appreciate your continued business with us.

We also would like to thank you for your detailed thoughtful review. As a repeat guest, your comments are incredibly valuable. We are constantly working to improve our hoel and take pride in providing our guests with an experience that we can be poud of.

We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.
San Die
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My recent stay at the Courtyard in Elmhurst was fantastic. I travel/stay in hotels about 3 months every year and have never come across a more welcoming friendly staff. In addition to the great staff, the hotel itself is extremely clean and modern. The Bistro staff was very delightful and outgoing. The food is very good as well, especially the yogurt parfait. The gym has all brand new state of the art equipment with to flat screen TV's attached to the treadmill and elliptical with I pod hook ups. Overall, I had a great experience/stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I am looking forward to my next stay here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad we were able to not only meet your expectations, but impress you. It's always a pleasure hearing that we've done great. We pride ourselves on a friendly and efficient staff that goes above and beyond for our guests.

Yes, the Yogurt parfait, is one of my favorites too. You have to indulge in our Apple Cranberry Oatmeal, its on us, the next time you visit us. We've also got some great dinner options, from the freshly baked flat breads to the crisp harvest chopped salad with horseradish ranch dressing.

We are glad you enjoyed everything and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Elmhurst.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My arrival time was midnight after an excrutiating day of travel. my wake up was 4:30 am for my mirning flight. so while i did not get to experiance the restaurant, pool or gym. What I can say is the hotel staff is exceptionally friendly and anticipating of needs. The rooms were well appointed and clean. But the staff is what makes this hotel stand out I'll stay again!

• Stayed November 2012
ElmhurstCourtyard, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you were able to recognize our high standards of service and hospitaity in the very short time you were with us.You have our commitment that your next experience with us will be as comfortable as the first one.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have you back as our guest soon.
Zeeland, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in the Chicago area, you can count on Courtyard Marriott in Elmhurst, Illinios. My son plays football for Elmhurst College, and we always choose to stay at this hotel while visiting. The weight room has just what you need for a quick work out, and the pool and hot tub allow my 10-year-old daughter to burn off some energy. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I think the newly updated, colorful entryway, kind efficient staff start your experience in the right way.

Room Tip: We have always had clean rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. We value all guest feed back, especially when it is from a frequent guest such as yourself. We're always finding ways to refresh your travel experience, with a brand new lobby, you'll appreciate the warm and inviting atmosphere from the moment you enter the hotel.

We also wanted to thank you for your loyalty to the hotel and look forwar to seeing you again.
West Jefferson
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The highlight of the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook is the staff. They are friendly and extremely helpful with any situation. The front desk people remember your name and greet you when you arrive. When ever I am in the Chicago area I stay here because of its central location. The rooms are comfortable and clean and well maintained.

Great job and thanks!

Room Tip: Every room I have stayed is was great. I always ask for a quiet room and am always accommodated.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. Yes, our great staff takes pride in the exceptional service they provide here at the Elmhurst Courtyard. We try our best to show our appreciation and are sure glad we succeeded in making you feel special.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area? Share your experiences!