“First Visit”

Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Excellent service, staff worked hard to ensure my stay was enjoyable. Cozy atmosphere for after-business relaxation. Would definitely choose this hotel when in town for business again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Check in went well. After going to my room I could hear traffic on the busy street outside and I requested a room change because of traffic noise. This request was immediately handled by the very gracious and professional Matt who was at the front desk. My room was clean and had everything I needed including a small refrigerator.
The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of foods available, everything was appealing and kept fresh. Thankfully the oatmeal was not the instant type. One morning in particular Michael went over and above when I showed up with three young children.
All of the staff members I encountered were helpful and friendly during my four night stay.
Although it was a convenient location near the places I needed to be, getting onto the actual hotel grounds was sometimes a challenge.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have stayed at the Elmhurst Courtyard a few times and they never fail to make me feel welcome. The rooms are clean, the front desk is very helpful, the breakfast is great, and the management listens and acts upon their guests. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We ended up here after a bad experience at another hotel. We were very pleased with the accomodations, the price, and especially the young woman Danielle at the front desk who really went out of her way to help us out.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We have stayed two nights in Courtyard Elmhurst during our trip to US. Firstly,
We have arrived quite early in the morning, but helpful reception staff was able to check-us in. That was great help for us! During our short stay they never failed in any way - always attentive, professional and friendly to all guests.
Hotel is located approx. 0,5h drive from central Chicago, but offers comfortable and affordable stay in the Windy City. There are few shopping centres, shops and restaurants in close area.
Room was spacious, fresh and clean. Equipped with all amenities you may need during your stay. The same bathroom - fresh and clean. Toiletries and towels provided.
There is small self-service laundry on the ground floor, which was again very helpful during this trip. Free parking is attached to this property.
I highly recommend this hotel to anybody. Maybe a little bit far, but great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stay at the Elmhurst Courtyard each time I am in town (over 40 stays so far), and they never fail to make me feel welcome and like family. The rooms are spotless, the front desk is awesome, the breakfast team rocks, and the management listens to the guests! During a snowstorm my car was plowed in, so the supervisor actually volunteered to drive me to the store and back!

Room Tip: Contact the management if you have special requests...they really listen!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Elmhurst Courtyard Marriott recently and thought I'd mention what a great place this is. With Chicago hotels in the $189-$225 and up range, we were looking for a less expensive but still nice place to rest our heads for a couple of nights during a visit with family. For $84 per night (with AAA, two beds and double occupancy) we were treated to great hospitality at the front desk, access to snacks, coffee and tea, a pool, hot tub and gym, and amazingly comfortable beds with very nice sheets and pillows. While we don't suggest paying extra for the buffet breakfast (it was really bad and you'd do better with your ten bucks each almost anywhere else), this hotel was a great value all around. The one drawback is the fact that the hotel is on a very busy major road and the rooms on that side are really loud. However, we were especially pleased about how accomodating the front desk was when we called down to say the noise was keeping us from sleeping. Within five minutes they had us in a quiet room across the hall and we were fast asleep within the half hour! I am sure they get complaints about the noise from a lot of people, and maybe they shouldn't have put us on that side to begin with, but what a fast and friendly response when we did call down for another solution. You can't ask for more amazing service for $84! I also want to give a special kudos to Monique, our housekeeper, who did an absolutely outstanding job with our initial room presentation and the turning over on the second day. The room was noticably well done, crisp and inviting, and we left her a really big tip to thank her.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side, the one not facing the mini-highway
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BostonTraveler40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
1 mi away
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chicago O'Hare South, IL

Been to Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area? Share your experiences!