“Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms”

Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Nice place. I would recommend it. It has a very friendly staff and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The lounge is open in the evening and Robert the bartender does a good job.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank gordonvc
ElmhurstCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

We strive to exceed your standards at each stay. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you during your next visit.

Sharon R. Espino
GM

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Elmhurst Courtyard while attending a family wedding. I can't say enough about the impressive experience we had at the hotel. The staff, facilities, location, and breakfast were first class. We were especially impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff from the front desk personnel to the morning breakfast hostess. We truly felt like honored guests. Maybe their staff were all orignally from the South!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank We'reAlmostThere
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Stayed here for about 5 nights with my husband. We were visiting his son out in Chicago. I picked this location mainly for their indoor pool, I figured that would be a definite plus for a 12 year old. The whole place was great-customer service was wonderful-hotel staff was nice and very attentive. When we were hit with a sudden snow storm, the woman at the front desk was very helpful with giving us menu's to order out. My step son was very well entertained with the pool, work out room etc. Plus when I needed to relax and have a little time to myself, I would hop on one of the computers in the lobby, check my email, work out, or read the paper by their cozy fireplace. The rooms were SUPER clean-we would step out for breakfast and by the time we'd get back the place was SPIC AND SPAN! The beds are superrrr comfy too. I saw someone complaining about noise by the free way-we didn't have that issue at all-maybe b.c out room faced the back area by the pool. Very convenient to get to the city, we would just hop right on the high way and we were 20 minutes away. My only issue that exit getting off the high way to get back to the hotel-it was a little confusing, but like anything else, you get the hang of it. My husband and I have a baby now, and we definitely plan on staying here on our next trip on early 2011!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank izzybxNY
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I landed late into Chicago and by the time I got the rental car and made my way to the hotel it was almost midnight. The tricky part was trying to get into the hotel parking lot. I made a mistake and turned onto Route 83 and couldn't turn into the hotel. This made for a nice long detour. Once buzzed into the hotel (lobby was locked because it was late), I was met by a friendly person who quickly checked me in.

The room is nicely decorated and very comfortable. There was a couch on the far side and a desk area. My only issue was with the desk as it was just another table that pulled out from under the counter. It was a little high for the chair so not a place where you could work for a long period. My room didn't face the road so there was no noise at all.

There was free wifi and a business area in the lobby where you can print boarding passes. Breakfast is also offered at $9.95 for a buffet. The selection was decent. Some hotels provide this breakfast for free, but at least they don't over charge you. The staff here was really nice as well.

As for location, there is not much around the hotel. You will need a car to get around.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank daymeeyan
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Staff was pleasant and friendly from check-in to check-out. Very consistent service.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob6281
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We stayed at this hotel a few times. The rooms are nice and the beds are great. We love the hot breakfast buffet in the morning and it is cheap when you pay when you book the room. The pool is nice and have a good fitness room. The staff are always nice we will return.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank brwnis7701
Reviewed June 6, 2009

this is the cleanest and the best marriots we have stayed at. The breakfast are great. the rooms are very clean and comfortable. i would recomand this to anyone,

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank silkycatt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
1 mi away
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area? Share your experiences!