“Great burgers and steaks”

The Silverado Grill
Ranked #15 of 164 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: American
Description: The Silverado Grill is a locally owned business. We have been in business in Elmhurst, IL for over 33 years. We've kept up with the times every step of the way, and our friendly and dedicated staff rival any 5-star restaurant service about food and drink. We pride ourselves on being able to describe the taste and texture of your meals, and we will make suggestions about the best beverage pairing to complement your meal.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

A great place for a good steak or burger. My favoriye thing on the menu is the Ground Roundup, which is round staek that has been ground. I don't know what they do to it but it's delisous. The atmosphere is very comfortable, booths and tables and even a bar. You'll see couples, families and college kids and everyone seems to fit in fine. And the prices are very reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2012
2  Thank Macorry

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have been coming to Silverado for years, and it hasn't changed. I love the food and the general atmosphere. However the last time I was there it was a friday and our waitress (Colleen I think was her name) was very short and kind of rude. She took our drinks and basically ran away from the table, it took several minutes and for her to return and immediately demanded our order. But all in all I love Silverado and would go any chance I could get. So anyone thinking about going, GO! Just maybe ask for someone other than Colleen as your server.

Date of visit: September 2012
7  Thank Jeremy W
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We sat, got drinks(this took 10 minutes) and instead of taking our order the waitress walked away not returning for another 7-8 minutes. We ordered an appetizer that took another 20 minutes before getting. Finally 45 minutes have elapsed since we were seated, when the waitress comes back to inform me they ran out of bison (which I had ordered). I stated that it seems silly to add a different entree since that would mess up the food orders of my husband and daughter. So I declined to order something else. Clock is still ticking over an hour since we were seated and still no pot roast sandwich or BBQ pork sandwich. How hard is it to put meat on a bun? Do not recommend coming here ever!

5  Thank Brewcrewfan6
Reviewed July 4, 2012

It's really a small neighborhood place with basic fare.

Date of visit: April 2012
1  Thank JamesonPowers
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Silverado has an advantage in that it is the only restaurant in S. Elmhurst an the owner knows it. He does just enough and not a drop more. I think the cooks count the french fries they put on their plate. In all the years I've been going there I have never seen anyone walk out with a doggie bag... Ugly stuffed deer heads decorate the restaurant and look like they've needed a vacuuming since the Clinton Admn.That said, they have the best chicken, sandwich or dinner, it's delicious, the steak is a big so so which is funny for a steak house. Salad dressing are outstanding I would guess homemade. The owner is a nice guy but he looks like he weights maybe 110 lbs. not a foodie...

Date of visit: January 2012