“Poor service!!!! Riciculius waiting!”
Review of Silverado Grill

Silverado Grill
Ranked #54 of 148 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Union grove
“Poor service!!!! Riciculius waiting!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We sat, got drinks(this took 10 minutes) and instead of taking our order the waitress walked away not returning for another 7-8 minutes. We ordered an appetizer that took another 20 minutes before getting. Finally 45 minutes have elapsed since we were seated, when the waitress comes back to inform me they ran out of bison (which I had ordered). I stated that it seems silly to add a different entree since that would mess up the food orders of my husband and daughter. So I declined to order something else. Clock is still ticking over an hour since we were seated and still no pot roast sandwich or BBQ pork sandwich. How hard is it to put meat on a bun? Do not recommend coming here ever!

4 Thank Brewcrewfan6

South Florida, Florida
“Ok Local fare”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

It's really a small neighborhood place with basic fare.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank JamesonPowers
Chicago, Illinois
“does just enough”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Silverado has an advantage in that it is the only restaurant in S. Elmhurst an the owner knows it. He does just enough and not a drop more. I think the cooks count the french fries they put on their plate. In all the years I've been going there I have never seen anyone walk out with a doggie bag... Ugly stuffed deer heads decorate the restaurant and look like they've needed a vacuuming since the Clinton Admn.That said, they have the best chicken, sandwich or dinner, it's delicious, the steak is a big so so which is funny for a steak house. Salad dressing are outstanding I would guess homemade. The owner is a nice guy but he looks like he weights maybe 110 lbs. not a foodie...

Visited January 2012
2 Thank john s
Chicago, Illinois
“Food: Decent. Venue: Fantastic!”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Come see the Jazz Band shows that come through Silverados all the time, it's a lively party. The food is what you'd expect of a typical american diner, but at a great show, that's all you need.

Saint Charles, Illinois
“Good Steaks resonable price”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

we arrived about 5 and had no problem getting a table. Nice variety with the menu. Ribs, teryaki sirloin and london broil great options. They have a homemade creamy garlic dressin which was delicious. A little skimpy on the rolls. There were 3 of us, I ordered soup and salad and we only got 2 rolls for 3 of us. Granted the other 2 were splitting ribs but they usually bring a basket. I love the fact they use real butter and sourcream as opposed to alot of restaurants these days.

Visited November 2011