“Second Visit - Still Good”
Review of Francesca's Amici

Francesca's Amici
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's Amici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 157 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2 blocks south of North Avenue
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was my second visit as a traveler, which is a good sign. Great food. Reasonable prices including the wine. My only reason for the 4 rating was that I took a business meeting there and one of my guests had a chicken dish that was way undercooked. When it came back after reheating, it was not edible. The service was great and the staff tried to improve the situation, but you would expect some type of compensation - free desserts or money off bill.

1  Thank Dennis D

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We love this restaurant. Food is outstanding, good new wine list, friendly service

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife & I had 5:30 reservations for this evening (4/24). We had been to this restaurant a couple of times previously & had generally liked it overall. This time was different. We were seated at a tiny 2-seat booth against a wall, difficult to get into & out of. Service was immediate but rushed & overly attentive. First course was served almost before drinks were started. Unfinished plates were removed before we had time to object. The message seemed to be "do not linger please." My wife's entree was served in a bowl large enough to feed a family, almost insultingly huge. Dessert was on the house (our anniversary) but swiftly swept away half finished before we could say "wait, we're not done."Overall a very unpleasant "dining experience."

David D.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

The only bad thing to say about this restaurant, is it had to come to an end! The pizza with artichoke was amazing. The "special" bruschetta, with asparagus and carmalized onions...to die for. The drinks were funky and had they had a great variety. The bread was perfect and steaming hot.
The waitress was spot on. I am mad it took me so long to try this place, cant wait to return!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Each dish done individually with very fresh ingredients--have never had anything less than perfect.