“I LIKE!!!”

Flight 112 Wine House
Ranked #38 of 148 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family-owned restaurant opened in 2008 with the simple of goal of doing our best...For customers and the community. We offer a unique combination of an eclectic and seasonal food menu, a diverse and earth-friendly wine list, a fun and local-centric craft beer list, and a wide-ranging Scotch and whiskey menu.
Lombard, Illinois
“I LIKE!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

A "wine bar" wouldn't be my first choice for my evening dinner since I do not drink alcohol, but a friend took a small party of us here to celebrate out belated birthdays, and I have to say.....I can't wait to go back!
Everyone at the table was satisfied with their cocktails, especially the sangria, and we all enjoyed sharing several appetizers.
We had crab cakes, corn bread and a ham and apple flatbread.....delish! I would order each of them again.
My entree was a Salmon in curry with polenta, very hot and spicy and a small, but adequate portion because of its richness. One had pork chop, another cod, and another the risotto and roasted vegetables, and we all loved our meals and felt they were small but, again, very rich and just enough.The quality of the food made it an ample meal.
I would have liked a more traditional dessert, but the carrot cake, which was nothing like carrot cake as we know it, was tasty, as was the berries and cheese; very, very rich and a very unique taste!
What I am the most excited about is that Chef Michael shops daily for fresh veggies and most everything else on the menu. He personally came to our table, as did the owner, to make sure all was good and we were all satisfied with our meals. They informed us that the menu changes seasonally from top to bottom...pretty interesting. I've already decided I will check their website to make sure there is something I would love to try in a month or so...can't wait.
Our wonderful waitress told us they have outside dining when weather permits, and also they have live entertainment but not, it seems, on a regular basis. I think they are trying to see what will work being there are many, many good restaurants in this busy little town of Elmhurst.
This place is decorated very interestingly, is spotlessly clean, and is cozy. Perfect for a glass of wine, a little cheese, an appetizer or two, and some good conversation....very intimate, yet, very comfortable for a group of friends. I really liked it, and will look forward to trying it again...hope you do too!

Irvine, California
“Wine Bar - Amazing; Restaurant - Stop Trying so Hard”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We LOVE this wine bar and have been here many times over the last 18 months or so. Their wine and scotch flights are amazing, as well as their planks and tapas. Their triple cream cheese is to die for.

Their restaurant opened recently. The decor is lovely and the staff attentive. But it's the menu I have a beef with (ha!). For example, the desserts. Three were available: carrot "cake," almond cake with honeydew/cantaloupe ice cream, and a berry platter.

The carrot cake was sort of a carrot gelatin in the center of a mousse-type substance. It was okay, but not at all what I expected when I ordered carrot cake. The almond cake was actually pretty tasty. The berry platter had frozen berry "gel" discs along with discs of cheese, with a sprinkling of blueberries and then popcorn thrown on top.

With the check, the server gave us homemade tootsie rolls. Those were amazing! They should have that as a larger option on the menu. AND CHOCOLATE, please!

My opinion of the menu is that they're trying too hard. Parsnip fries? Just give us regular old potatoes. And carrot "cake" that is actually mousse? I'm all for creativity, but just think they need to provide some familiar favorites.

1 Thank Thundergirl990
Elmhurst, Illinois
“New gem in Elmhurst.”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Just returned from dinner at this new little gem in Elmhurst. Fantastic menu with Asian flare. Extensive wine selection. Friendly and attentive staff. Try the Crab Cakes and Cambodian salad-very fresh and flavorful . Interesting dinner entrees with a twist on otherwise standard items.
Lemon chicken with roasted fingerling potatoes and brussel sprouts was awesome. Fish special
was equally delicious.Great value as well. Make a reservation and treat yourself to this wonderful restaurant. Nothing else like it in downtown Elmhurst.
Michael and Lola Moore

Chicago
“Womp, Disappointment.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We just made our first visit to the wine house on a Friday evening. Online it said live music, but when we arrived we found no music. It was an awfully small place but the friday deals were okay. The wine was average. The crowd seemed to be a bit older and I was not amused that my friends and I could not have a good time because we apparently were interrupting everyone elses conversations but we were not loud. We could barely hear ourselves over the other crowd. I would not go there again.

• Visited July 2013
“Good food and wine”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited Flight 112 for an early Mothers Day dinner, and it did not disappoint. They had a great drink selection from great wines to whiskeys. They offered flight of just about anything you could ask for, including tequilas, bourbons, beers, red and white wines, etc. The food was good. We started with a cheese plate, moved on to a roasted beet salad with prosciutto, and finished with a Thai flank steak. The flank steak, although tasty, was presented a little different than what I expected. I expected a grilled flank steak, and it was more of a stew, but either way, it did not disappoint. The restaurant is quite small, so I would recommend reservations, as it filled up quickly.

Visited May 2013