“Great breakfast”
Review of Rainbow Restaurant

Rainbow Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 150 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: American, Greek
Description: local favorite, reviewed on yelp and others. If you google you will find several listings. Would love to review this as we eat here every time we visit Elmhurst, which is 1-2 times a year for 16 years. ALL the locals know Rainbow very well. Always busy.
Reviewed July 11, 2014

It looks like the area specializes in breakfast. But this place will be a two-in-a-row...unheard of. Quality,quantity and variety. Lots of Latin influence (probably a dozen breakfast menu items). Nice selection of omelettes and bennies plus waffles, pancakes (etc) -- including German and dutch pancakes. Yum. just yum.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Their menu is HUGE! You'll spend an hour deciding what you feel like eating! The food was all amazing. Country skillet had some awesome sausage and the Biscuits and gravy wasn't too bad. Had an unexpected taste to them though. The pancakes were sweet and delicious. The chorizo skillet was spicy and very good. Bacon was cooked nice and crispy and our waitress was so nice/funny. When paying for the bill, I decided I wanted to take some carrot cake home that was in the display case staring at me. When I asked the lady at the register if I could have a piece, she gave me a giant piece for FREE! They are all extremely nice and welcoming here.

Highly reccomended if you're in the area.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Rainbow has been in elmhurst forever! Good solid diner food, friendly atmosphere. Great for families. Great breakfast food as well as for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My family decided to visit me at work for lunch, my kids wanted pancakes. Where do you find pancakes at 1 pm? Rainbow restaurant! Felt like home when we were there.

Kids had good pancakes I had corn beef sandwich! Good times!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This restaurant pretty much has it all! Breakfast anytime - specials, quick food delivery once you finally decide what to get, large portions, great for carry out too!
Always packed yet the wait is never more than 10 minutes. Food is fresh and tasty and can bring you back to the feeling of a family diner. Many regular customers. Don't be "turned off" thinking this is a place for only the older crowd. It's a restaurant that's great for everyone. Perfect for late night meals too. Weekends open until midnight. I can't tell you the number of times we've pulled in at 11:30 for waffles and ice cream!

1  Thank seaotter301