“Feels like home”
Review of Rainbow Restaurant

Rainbow Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 150 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: American, Greek
Description: local favorite, reviewed on yelp and others. If you google you will find several listings. Would love to review this as we eat here every time we visit Elmhurst, which is 1-2 times a year for 16 years. ALL the locals know Rainbow very well. Always busy.
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My family decided to visit me at work for lunch, my kids wanted pancakes. Where do you find pancakes at 1 pm? Rainbow restaurant! Felt like home when we were there.

Kids had good pancakes I had corn beef sandwich! Good times!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This restaurant pretty much has it all! Breakfast anytime - specials, quick food delivery once you finally decide what to get, large portions, great for carry out too!
Always packed yet the wait is never more than 10 minutes. Food is fresh and tasty and can bring you back to the feeling of a family diner. Many regular customers. Don't be "turned off" thinking this is a place for only the older crowd. It's a restaurant that's great for everyone. Perfect for late night meals too. Weekends open until midnight. I can't tell you the number of times we've pulled in at 11:30 for waffles and ice cream!

1  Thank seaotter301
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were here visiting our son and was not sure where to eat, so we rode by this restaurant and turned around. So glad we did the food was great, the atmosphere was great and the service was excellent. We will be back.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Rainbow is another local favorite, with very friendly owners and staff on hand to serve a very wide variety of American food in a very efficient manner. A full dinner is served at very attractive prices, plenty of food and the cooking is tasty. A very reliable restaurant and good for families.

1  Thank sandra n
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Rainbow restaurant is an excellent breakfast place. The menu is full of different choices and if you are on a special diet they bend over backwards to please you. The staff is wonderful especially with seniors they are helpful and really friendly. Seniors appreciate the quick seating when you enter and food is prepared quickly and with quality ingredients. When I am having breakfast here I feel like this is my home away from home. Their turkey dinner is also very good they carve white meat with mash potatoes and gravy (my mouth is watering) soup or salad is also included and a nice bread basket. You can't leave here hungry!!!!!!!!1