“Great place for breakfast or lunch”
Review of Egg Harbor Cafe

Egg Harbor Cafe
Ranked #2 of 150 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Their coffee is outstanding! I don't know why, but very smooth, never bitter. Lot's of items to choose from with options for healthy or the sausage gravy. Can be very crowded on Saturday and Sunday mornings, but the tables turn fairly quick. Parking in the lot can be hard, but there is a parking garage right across the street.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Lots of items to choose from. I didn't go fancy, just the traditional breakfast with eggs (which were cooked exactly as I ordered-a hard find sometimes), corn beef hash (yummy!), potatoes and an English muffin. They had a juice made there and hand squeezed outside of the pomegranate juice. Absolutely tasty although I couldn't tell you everything in it. If you go later in the morning expect a wait but they hustle to get you seated quickly. Lots of staff and no one just stands around. Very courteous staff as well.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Lots has changed downtown since I graduated from nearby Elmhurst College in 1983. Great to see so many watering holes and eateries which were lacking when I lived there. Egg Harbor was busy as expected on a Saturday morning. We only had to wait 5 mins or so though and sat down to good service, coffee and food. Many menu choices including a grits dish which I just had to try as I've spent most of my life south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Yummy-I got the eggs over easy then put them on top of the veggies and grits. Yummy. When we were getting ready to leave the waitress even asked us if we wanted to-go cups so we could take coffee with us. Nice touch. Outdoor seating is available, but they are very small and right on the sidewalk outside the main entrance. Okay for coffee and bagels for two people, but not for hot breakfast for a larger party. Overall would definitely try Egg Harbor again on a future trip.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

OK, so here is the bottom line. Egg Harbor offers a broad selection of breakfast and lunch items. Food is good, service is attentive. Great variety of breakfast selections including some tasty creative items. Salads, sandwiches and other menu items make this is good choice for lunch too. Very kid friendly.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Can't say enough about our server, except his name (!) which I can't remember...a teenager who really knew his stuff and when he didn't went the extra mile to find out.
We were in town visiting, went there with friends for breakfast. The menu has a lot of interesting as well as healthy choices. The décor is country cute, family friendly, clean and well taken care of. I had an omelet full of fresh veggies topped with Swiss cheese, which I requested as a replacement for the standard mozzarella, English muffins come with their omelets and instead of the usual Smuckers jelly a small pot of freshly made jam accompanies it. My husband had one of their creative Benedicts - can't remember which, but it was really good. . Our friends each had a different omelet - all four of us were satisfied, even delighted with our choices.