“Year Round YUM!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Year Round YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I love visiting Elijah's in the summer, when I can sit outside (the shop on Vallette) and enjoy my iced Americano while my kids have their smoothies. (Although not made with actual fruit, they are made with fruit puree and NO corn syrup!) My husband's favorite menu item is the frozen hot chocolate, which is served with chocolate whip cream! Elijah's offers free wi-fi to everyone, which I see Elmhurst College kids using on a regular basis. Both the locations offer an area for small children, complete with table games and books. My folks visit weekly for the steel cut oatmeal, which they swear is the best they've ever had. I love the house blend coffee, the lattes and Americanos. My favorite winter treat is a Dirty Chai, which is not on the menu, but was recommended by a barista. It's a chai latte with a few shots of espresso - and it is AMAZING! I've tried it at three other coffee houses in Elmhurst (one chain, two independent) and they didn't come close to perfecting it the way Elijah's has! Be sure to grab a punch card when you're there - 11 punches and the 12th drink is free!

• Visited June 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Best Coffee of Chicagoland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

To put it simply: I love mochas and I travel a lot. After sampling mochas from all over the US and Europe, I can honestly say that Elijah's makes the best mocha I've ever had. Try one today. Iced is the best.

Bellwood, Illinois
“Yummy coffees and teas and foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

A great variety of coffees and teas, plus yummy scones, plus always friendly service--Elijah's is a winner!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank theogrif
Illinois
“Great place to chill and warm up at the same time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Elijah's owners and staff are welcoming as they provide an oasis for family and friends to gather. Their cozy decor creates a relaxing environment, making it feel like a home away from home. In addition to a variety of coffees, they also serve, teas, smoothies, and other beverages. Pastries, cookies, breads, scones and muffins are available as well. They've created their own recipe for gluten-free muffins which are fantastic. Live music is performed in both locations and I am so looking forward to this week's performances!

Visited December 2011
2 Thank 1234Illinois
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Tasty Indie Coffee Shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

The family stopped in at Elijah's for an afternoon pick me up. The place is very nicely done with comfortable seating arranged in cozy groupings. I chatted with the guy behind the counter and we talked coffee stuff (I'm a huge coffee snob). The adults had cafe au lait, which was smooth and tasty (not at all like that goo Starbucks serves) and our son had apple juice. We shared a gluten free muffin and an apple scone. The scone was more of a cookie than a scone, but it was very tasty. We will certainly go back when we are in the area again.

• Visited October 2011