“Dinner out favorite”
Review of Salseria Grill Cantina - CLOSED

Salseria Grill Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Located in the shopping area of downtown Elmhurst. http://www.salseria.com/index.html
Reviewed June 25, 2012

One of our favorite local places for a dinner out!
Cozy booths inside are great and outside seating available for nicer days. Staff is always friendly and other guests always seem to be enjoying their dinners.

We love the variety of margaritas offered - Strawberry is fave - with strawberry bits and seeds, not just a sugary mix added.

Dishes are so-so as far as variety goes and/or updates and changes. BUT always tasty, and never any issues with flavor, quality etc. Definitely recommend the Carne Asada - great dish with some kick!

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I'll make this short and as sweet as I can. The server admitted that the salsa's are not made fresh everyday, although they brag about that in their advertisement. It is a nice salsa "bar" w/ about 15 salsas, but the signs are so old labeling each one, or the sneeze screen is so blurry that you are basically guessing. This doesn't appear to be a new problem and seeing how it is the "customer catch", it's bad. Salsa's were good though.
I had chicken enchilada's and the chicken w/o a doubt had been microwaved to reheat from prior day. No juice, all hard pieces. I showed it to my server and told her what I thought. She agreed, was so sorry, but still charged me for the rice and beans, and I didn't touch the beans.
This is what I got for going to an overpriced Tx-Mex place that has slow business with some spurts (car night, free eats for kids on Mon). The place is only open from 4-10, so I'm the fool for thinking they could possibly be doing fresh everyday. I'd like to take the microwave out of their kitchen. The cooks would be lost. I'll bet it's gringo owned and I'm a loco gringa!!
Even the tequila list was nothing to write to the casa about.

3  Thank tulu