“Locally owned and operated!!”

Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Elmhurst
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Museum is dedicated to the art of cutting and polishing stone. We house a world class collection of jade and hard-stone cravings along with an interactive Rock and Mineral exhibit that is great for all ages!
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The history behind the museum is as fascinating as the contents of it...the artifacts are interesting and it's amazing that it's locally owned by the collectors extended family - worth a stop!

1  Thank Bis54

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Both kids (10, 14) loved it. I was amazed at the artistic capabilities of the people who made these objects. It looks simple? Yeah right there are things to see and appreciate that took 10 or even 15 years of someone's life to create. And you can't take 1-2 hours to check it out?!? You'd be missing something precious. Quiet, beautiful location also. Eat a picnic lunch right outside in the park. Great visit.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Elmhurst is my hometown, so on a recent trip back, I couldn't pass up a visit to Lizzadro when I found I had some extra time. Great to see the place again, especially since I probably haven't been there since high school! Definitely worth a visit -- and on Fridays, the admission is free (it's pretty minimal on other days anyway).

Great to walk around Wilder Park, and wander through the Art Museum and Conservatory too. You'll enjoy it!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you are passing through Elmhurst, and have kids, stop here.
It's free on Fridays (I think Elmhurst Art Museum and History museum are also free on Fridays.).
Precious things are upstairs--downstairs are interesting interactive things for the kids--and they can choose their own totally-70s-movie version of learning about rock cutting. And the most darling gift shop downstairs--my son's favorites include a jade skull necklace, sharks tooth necklace, breakable rocks, SURPRISE BAGS!, and mothers day gifts (stone bracelets are cute.)

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Went to Lizzardo in May when they had the craft fair going on. Because of the other events, admission was free. The museum is pretty amazing; pieces are displayed beautifully, the staff is courteous and knowledgeable, and the displays awe inspiring. Took my husband and I about an hour to walk through and see some of the extra demonstrations they were running downstairs. The gift shop is small but has unique trinkets, great fossil, rock and gemstone samples, and even some higher end jewelry. I was impressed that the store really caters to all price points and has a good variety to choose from.
Definitely a unique little place and we are glad we stopped in!

1  Thank NewbieK