“Fantastic hotel”
Review of The Ballymac Hotel

The Ballymac Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Stoneyford B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here again last night. Room was beautiful,bed was amazing,definitely the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. The staff are so friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them,with Terry,the owner,greeting everyone as they arrive, and Bernadette,the receptionist, so helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend this hotel.we will be back again soon. Clare & Marty

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Clare W
There are newer reviews for The Ballymac Hotel

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here at the wkend for my cousins wedding and have to say it was lovely!
From the food to the staff can not fault the place! Stayed in room 3 massive room wit a double door so you hear no noise what so ever! Bed was comfortable and fresh.
The food we had here was lovely the wedding dinner was fantastic and the fry we had the next morning is just what we needed before heading back to Scotland.
I have to say the staff where fantastic, we where able to checkin in early so we could get ready for the wedding. I left my bag with my phone in reception after the wedding, went to get it in the morning and the nicest man ever had charged my phone as he had heard it beeping!!! Honestly could not fault this hotel in anyway!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MissP_8
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My partner and I had Sunday lunch in the bar last weekend. The waiting staff werevlovely, chatty and helpful and made us feel very welcome. We had ordered diet coke and couldn't believe how small the bottles were - this was our only criticism. Main courses are pricey in comparison to other places but portions are huge and food very tasty. I had a gorgeous steak sandwich with chips and salad and my partner had peppered chicken with rice.
The owner came round during lunch and spoke to all the diners which I thought was nice and showed that he cared about his customers.
Would recommend it and will go back again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Booked a Valentines treat for myself and the wife. Room had obviously only been done up as first thing that greeted us on entering it was the smell of paint. The decorating didn't extend to the bathroom as had black stains around the tiles where they met the bath. Had to ask reception to put boost on for hot water. Next morning we had no hot water whatsoever in Bath, sink or shower and despite being told by reception to leave it for 10-15 mins after 30 had to call them again with no joy at all. Walls were very thin as could hear what neighbouring room was watching on tv plus their conversation. Only thing reception said was of we stayed again they'd upgrade us. As we had our wedding reception here in2005 I know the only upgrade is to bridal suite. Bar doesn't even have bt sport to show matches. Wifi constantly cuts out for no reason. Very disappointed as have always been a big fan of dining here.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Was here for a christening on 2nd February and the food was beautiful. The staff were very friendly. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds, absolutely picturesque. I was also married here in 2004 and had the most amazing day.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Shaw002
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Got amrried here in September. I have ben going to the ballymac since i was a little girl and have yet to have a bad meal, so it was my obvious first choice for my wedding venue. Well did i pick right....Terry (the owner) and his staff couldnt do enough for us, they made our day perfect. The room was beautifully done, the service was fabulous, our room was gorgeous, and as for the meal, well it was faultless. Thank you so much for making our day perfect. Clare & Marty

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clare d
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had passed this beautifully situated Hotel many times. Today I called in for Sunday Lunch. When I arrived the couple of accessible parking spaces were taken so I had to park round the back. I entered the nearest door leading to the part of the restaurant were group bookings sat. Rather than redirect me I was permitted to sit and dine, saving me from straining my arm muscles trying to get up hill to the proper entrance. Staff made me feel welcome. I had prawn Cocktail followed by a Traditional turkey, ham and stuffing dinner with pavlova and coffee to follow all for under £20. The food was full of flavor and well presented. The staff were professional and friendly. Going the 'extra mile' a member of staff, without hesitation, kindly pushed my wheelchair n me up a slight incline back to my car saving me a dislocation or pulled muscle as it was windy. Regarding the several groups of people, of various sizes, happily dinning, the service was excellent. Nothing had to be asked for as the staff were on hand with, baby chairs etc whatever was required. Thank you Ballymac staff for a wonderful afternoon and delicious meal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Brenna M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoneyford
Ballyrobin Country Lodge
Dunsilly Hotel
#1 of 3 in Antrim
Caldhame House
#4 of 4 in Nutts Corner

Been to The Ballymac Hotel? Share your experiences!