“One night”

Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

This client is listed as the Bamont but we found out that it is now a Travelodge. We made our reservation through Priceline. Initially we looked for a Baymont with no luck and lots of frustration. We called Baymont corporate for help in locating they just gave us the address again and said it was there. They gave us their phone number, the manager said they changed name 1 week ago. Very frustrating. Hotel was nice and clean.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

We are very sorry for the confusion, since we changed our name to Travelodge we did our best in trying to inform as many people as possible about it. It will take few extra days, for all the websites to have us listed as Travelodge. Thank you for the feedback, and your patience.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying here November 11 for one night. So we had a conference all day today at a dif. hotel. I type the location in my GPS and I brings me to a warehouse and its the wrong location everything wrong we looked for a half an hour after getting anjoyed and it getting late and dark we just call we get hung up on 3 times by a guy and we call again and we speak with guy and he says o we changed are hotel name week ago..UM what?! My family member got the room a day or 2 ago and the front desk didn't say anything nothing... So we to the hotel and check in and the lobby smelled like smoke no one at the front desk. Got to the room and it was nice but the bathroom tile was cracked up the bed comforter was stained the walls were stained with construction fails.. rude sercive but good price. Just a waste of time that we weren't told that the name changed. So don't GPS it!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

On behalf of Baymont I would like to apologize for the confusion with the address of our hotel, we tried to inform as many guest as possible about the change but we can't informed them all. The address is still the same only the name changed, we really appreciate your feedback and thank You for staying at the Travelodge.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Free shuttle to and from the airport whenever you want for the whole stay. The rooms were okay. The bathroom was clean and nice. One of the comforters had a bloodstain on it. (Gross, but I had another bed to sleep in) I made my reservation through Wyndham with a 25% discount. Then when I checked out, the hotel told me that the rate they received was $15 more per night than what I made a reservation for. They told me they couldn't do anything about it and told me to contact Wyndham directly and wouldn't even look at my email that I received after making a reservation. If I knew the amount I was going to be charged for my stay, I wouldn't have picked this hotel since it is in such an inconvenient location if you are not planning to rent a car. It takes about an hour to get to Downtown Chicago by subway and add 15 minutes from the hotel to the airport by shuttle. Free breakfast is just muffins, waffles, and bagels with coffee and juices. Nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Going through a 3rd party reservations can be tough and confusing ,there are many deals given to guests but not explained all the way. Many guests are confused at check out due to rate changes, and that can not happen. This issue will be looked at and fixed. Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff W

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I checked in on Friday and was checked in by Paul Kowalik, a really great Desk Manager. He only had one smoking room left, so he put me up in a Jacuzzi Room. The door lock didn't work with my key (It needed a battery), but he apologized and let me into my room with his master key every night! It was like having a Butler! The room was average, but clean and Paul had to hunt me down a remote for the TV, but I was pleased with my stay, if only by Paul's great demeanor and speedy resolution to my concerns. My stay was fine until Monday morning, when I went to extend for two more days. That's when I met Donna.... Her first question was : HOW DID YOU GET THAT ROOM AT THAT RATE?!?! If you're gonna stay, I'm going to have to raise the rate or move you to another room. Now mind you, its 5:30 AM.... SO I said fine, move me to another room. She put me in 110 and gave me the key. This room smelled heavily of smoke and had no refrigerator and no microwave. I went back and asked if she had a room with those and she said no, only in the room I was in. I gave her back the keys and made reservations at another hotel. I would have stayed here for three more days, but I didn't want to tangle with Donna anymore. If you don't have to check out early, its a great place to stay, just don't bother the night auditor.....I won't be back. Anyone can build a hotel, its harder to build a pleasant competent staff of people to run it, especially in Chicago.

Room Tip: Try the Super 8 next store. The folks there have always been great. I'd have stayed there, but t...