“A complete nightmare”

Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My choice of Baymont is a nightmare. Staff there are ruder than you can even imagine. I arrived midnight and this probably is the sole reason I picked Baymont as they promised to provide airport shuttle every 30 minutes and 24 hours a day. However, when I arrived at 11:30pm, I waited for over 30 minutes but did not see any shuttle at all. Then I called the hotel, and the lady at the front desk was rude and hang up my call after saying a few words I could not understand at all. I then redialed, but no response. After waiting for 1h20m, I finally got on the shuttle. But my mistake did not end. I traveled with my friend and I book a two-double room, but when I got to the hotel I was given a king-suite and told they sold out my room. I was very angry and the lady on the front desk did not even apology for it at all. I ended up with lying on their uncomfortable sofa that night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank smallpig1983
Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

The staff at the Baymont is trained to be proffesional and polite when dealing with guests, our guests come first and we always tend to their needs. Any amployee who does not follow our guidelines will be desciplined. We also apologize for having single beds for guests insted of 2 beds like they requested. We are addressing this issue as we speak.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at Baymont as a combination booking of airfare and hotel to Chicago. This package was met my budget, so I stayed for two nights. Transportation from the airport runs about every half hour, and the pickup/dropoff point is easy to find. From the airport, it takes around 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. Service by the drivers and at the front desk was friendly.

The room was clean and offered most common amenities a motel provides such as TV, coffee maker, etc. The room was quiet for the most part. I could not hear much from the inside. Since it is close to the airport, planes can be heard, but the air conditioning mostly muffled this out at night.

Breakfast was decent with fresh fruit, bread, and cereal.

Baymont is ideal for an affordable location close to O'Hare airport. It is possible to use it as a base for exploring Chicago without having to rent a car if you are willing to take the van to O'Hare and then take the CTA train downtown. Plan about 1 1/2 hours on the average from hotel to downtown if you would like to do this. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank sswagner
Baymont2881, Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your review and rating of the Baymont Inn O'Hare on Trip Adviser. The staff does a great job welcoming our guests and the housekeeping department is also doing a fine job of keeping our guest room clean and the hotel looking great. The recent renovations to the hotel only enhances our product.
Your comments are truly appreciated, and we will continue to strive to improve the hotel. We hope you will be returning soon, and that we will again have the opportunity of being your host

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here because we were leaving on a trip from O"Hare. It was easy to find. Front desk was very friendly. We were met by the aroma of freshly baked chocolate cookies which he promptly offered to us. Our room was clean and lacked nothing. It did not have a pool though. The shuttle worked as it should and didn't have to wait very long for it. We signed up to leave on the 9 AM shuttle for the airport and he was there a liitle before nine to take us. When we came back I called and was not very specific as to which area we were, so called back to give them more information and they came promptly. Driver was very pleasant. I would definetely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rleg8
Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Here at Baymont we pride our selfs with being friendly and proffesional, when guests come to our hotel they can excpect smiles and fresh baked chocolate cookies.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed one night June 29 2012. the motel was easy to get to from O'hare, the room was clean and comfortable, staff was very courteous, breakfast was fine, and since my traveling companion wanted to sample a "Chicago style pizza," Lou Malnotti's was just minutes away. We plan on staying there again at the end of July.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank regnadkcin

Here at Baymont guests can expect proffesional service, as well as clean and comfortable beds. Our hotel also has great restaurants around, which are famous for great Chicago style food.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

If you need a small, clean & quiet hotel close to Chicago O'hare airport, this is the one to stay in. The hotel offers a pretty good deal and you get more than what you pay for. The continental breakfast is pretty decent, particularly the free airport shuttle is of great help and is always on time. Staff at the reception desk is extremely helpful. Rooms are clean and quiet.
The only downside is that the vending machines inside the hotel may sometimes be out of water, which can be a bit of trouble in a humid summer night. A Subway shop and a bar nearby.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank soufi2010

Our hotel is not the biggets but is is clean and located near the O'Hare airport. We always make sure our vending machines are always stocked, and we apologize if sometimes we are out of water and other aminities.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Baymont was under renovation during my stay, but it wasn't a cause for any inconvenience at all. They did an excellent job keeping the noise level down while working. The front desk staff, especially Paul, did an outstanding job making me feel welcome. The shuttle service was adequate, there were some long waits of 40 minutes on 2 occasions. I had a clean room, comfortable and perfect for my stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HuskerFan1022

There is nothing better for all Baymont employess than to hear complements from our guests, this is the reason why we put all of our heart in what we do. When the guests tells us that they had a pleasant stay, and are satisfied we know that we did our jobs well.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Now, I know we visited this hotel during their extensive construction and remodeling period but some of my qualms are unrelated to that fact. The entire hotel needs an overhaul (which I do believe it is receiving) but for the price you pay, I think more can be done. Free wi-fi is available and the staff is very friendly but that's all I can say about the good things. New beds (linens, mattresses and pillows) need to be brought in as well as a better layout for the bathroom. We didn't partake in breakfast so I can't comment on that but all in all I would say that this hotel needs to just shut down until the renovations are complete and they can offer a new level of comfort for their guests.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

We deeply apologize for the inconviniences durring our construction period, we are trying to make the hotel better for our guests. Many issues will be addressed, specially when it comes to comfortable beds, pillows, and flat screen TVs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
#11 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park

Been to Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare? Share your experiences!