Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
$98
$107
$89
$51
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village(Elk Grove Village)
$43
$40
Motel 6
$108
$89
$66
Travelocity
Motel 6 Chicago - Elk Grove(Elk Grove Village)
$48
Motel 6
$113
$104
Priceline
All reviewsgreat rateconvenient locationfront desk personan overnight stayshuttle buswake up callchicagooharekornerpilotsubwaylodging
Reviewed June 23, 2007

We stayed here the night before our international flight. We live about 2.5 hours west. We had to be at the airport at 4 am. Our shuttle was to leave at 3:30. Since they do not have 24 hour shuttle they sent a cab for us (they paid). On the return we arrived at Ohare at 1 am. they sent a cab for us within 20 to 30 mnutes. They have cookies and milk every night at 7 pm and they have a continental breakfast in the am. Rooms were no frill but clean, mattresses were not to comfortable but we slept good. For the price you cant beat it......And just 10 minutes from Ohare!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2007

Having been stuck at O'Hare Airport overnite a few times, I found a real gem. While this hotel is on the other side of the airport (about a 10-15 min ride in their van) it is the cleanest economy hotel I've found in this area. This is not a resort, but for staying overnite if you're stuck at O'Hare, it's hard to beat. This place doesn't appear to be too old, and is very clean and kept up. I have stayed here a couple times in 2006 and found a number of airline pilots stay here when they have an early flight and live out of the area

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimdo
Reviewed October 30, 2006

When I booked this hotel, I specifically asked if they had a shuttle large enough to transport all 14 of us to the airport and I was assured they did. I was told I couldn't sign up for a shuttle time until we checked in. Concerned about not getting us all on the shuttle, I called again the morning of the day we were checking in and was once again assured there would be no problem getting us to the airport.

So we get there that evening and guess what? Their shuttle only holds 10 and the time slot we needed to go only had 4 more openings. The guy at the counter just had an "Oh, well" attitude. When I explained the situation and let him know what I was previously told, he just said I was given incorrect info. I asked if they would pay for taxi's and was told NO. So 10 of us ended up having to go on an earlier shuttle. Wasn't a big deal but did make me mad since the only reason I booked the hotel was because they were suppose to have a large shuttle.

The sign up process was a mess. No where on the signup sheet does it state the van only holds 10 so more and more people just keep signing up. We questioned how they were going to handle the fact that more than 10 people where signed up for a time slot and we were told "first come, first serve". So that meant we had to get down to the lobby even earlier to ensure we got a seat. What a joke!

Coming back was OK. You call when you get in and the shuttle comes about 1/2 hour later. We just crammed all 14 of us in. The driver however didn't help at all with the luggage and we had to pack it all ourselves. No tip for him!

Overall for the price, it was a great deal but beware of you have a large group. The rooms aren't the greatest but were about what we expected for the price. All 3 of our rooms were extremely hot, which made sleeping difficult.

It appears the hotel is used a lot by airline pilots and stewardesses so they take up a lot of the shuttle seats to the airport.

As an FYI, they let you park your car anywhere you want so our cars were right outside the entrance door the entire week we were gone. Nice!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank cathyfromwi
A TripAdvisor Member
Williamston, MI
Reviewed May 9, 2006

I stayed there recently with my girlfriend when we were both attending an even in Chicago. Luckily she's just as frugal as I am.

It was very easy to get to, with regular shuttles to and from the airport. The trip was only 10 minutes and the drivers were very polite. Note that you might want to call the day before to verify a specific time. From the airport we easily hopped a subway wherever we wanted to go.

The rooms were clean and comfortable if not luxurious. The people at the front desk were very accomodating. The hotel offered a simple breakfast bar, mostly bagels, cereal, and juice, which is more than enough for the average traveler.

This hotel is not suited for a luxury trip or a romantic weekend, but is an excellent choice for the budget-concious student or business traveler, with excellent value and conveinent location.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2006

The Exel Inn O'Hare (located in Elk Grove Village) is a perfect place for the Park, Sleep, Fly, and budget minded traveler. The reservation process, check in, wide parking places, security, clean room quality, wake up call, continental breakfast, and 12 minute shuttle to O'Hare Airport are all very excellent. We had a 4:30 am shuttle and they had coffee, tea, and food ready at 4:00 am for the three pilots, my wife, and I... wow!!! When we arrived back in Chicago we made the toll free phone call for the shuttle and was told they would pick us up in 20 minutes... the driver was there in 15. When back at the hotel the driver loaded our luggage right into our trunk and said "thank you"... we tipped him. The staff is very effecient, friendly, and helpful. The cost for one night and a week of secure parking was $85. We would not hesitate to stay again.

9  Thank davelee