Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
$123
Sheraton.com
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village(Elk Grove Village)
$43
Hotels.com
$51
$108
$89
Motel 6 Chicago - Elk Grove(Elk Grove Village)
$48
Motel 6
$66
All reviewsgreat rateconvenient locationfront desk personan overnight stayshuttle buswake up callchicagooharekornerpilotsubwaylodging
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stay here each time we visit family in des plaines. The front desk is always very friendly, check in and out always easy with no line. The breakfast nook is small, but well stocked and organized. Rooms are clean (we had 2 double beds) and a decent size. The value is great for what you pay. It has always been very busy when we stay here, only noise you hear is in the am before everyone is checking out. Always plenty of towels and housekeeping always comes and freshens up. We have stayed here about 4 times since Feb. 2010 and each experience has been positive!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
sonny39, General Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

We are extremely pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable. Thank your for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your visit to the Baymont Inn and Suites of O’Hare. We look forward to have the opportunity to be of service during your next visits.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

Booked a night here so that I could be close to my office during the "Blizzard of 2011" in Chicago. The weather was absolutely atrocious. The staff was snowed in along with all the rest of us. The desk staff was professional, courteous, empathetic & just plain WONDERFUL! The atmosphere at the front desk was CRAZY because of the bad weather. The staff never lost their cool, even through dozens of calls coming in, people coming to the desk, asking for shovels, you name it - these ladies were awesome!!

If you are looking for a 5 star spa...keep looking. If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean, neat, updated, free breakfast kind of place - this is it! Look no further.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Thank XJ650Rocks!

Though the situation was not optimum during your stay with us from a weather stand point of view, we are happy that we were able to be a home away from home during your stay in the blizzard. Thank you very much for taking the time to give us the feed back. We look forward to having you stay with us next time and hope that the weather will be a pleasant one during your next visit.

Reviewed December 9, 2010

I am in the airline industry and travel in and out of Chicago quite often. My colleagues and I have stayed numerous times at the Baymont in O’Hare. We all have had nothing but the most pleasant experience in every stay. The hotel is a little older but for what it offers and the value and service, there no other hotel in the category that come close to the Baymont. We always recommend this hotel for our coworkers and anyone that is looking for hotel in that area. It is understandable that some issues may happen from time to time. That happens in the best of hotels. What makes the difference is the attentiveness of the staff and management to the concerns of guests. Everyone there is very pleasant and will always go out of their way to assist with any issues or concerns that guests may have. I do not normally take the time to write any reviews but felt the need to do so after the last experience. I overslept and needed to get to the airport in order to catch my flight. Even though the shuttle had just left and the next shuttle was leaving in just about 15 minutes or so, The front desk attendant felt that I was anxious to leave as soon as possible. She informed the manager (sonny) and without missing a beat, Sonny took his own car and got me to the airport. I caught my flight on time and so did every passenger on that flight. Service of that level is not readily available now days so I felt it was needed to be mentioned. My colleagues and I will continue to stay with that facility and will continue to recommend it to everyone we know. Thanks to everyone at the Bayonet and their work ethics.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

We are proud to serve and accomidate our airline employees, who have been staying with us since we have opened. We make sure they have a restfull stay, and are ready to go the next day after a nice breaksats and a fast ride to the airport.

Reviewed November 6, 2010

Beware.

My friends and I stayed at the Baymont for a fall vacation in adjoining rooms. One evening the two of us on one side decided to hang out with the two on the other for some card games. We locked our room's door from the inside and went to the other room, and the adjoining door closed behind us. As the game ended and we tried to return to our room, we found that the adjoining door was not able to be opened. It automatically locks despite the presence of a deadbolt. It was getting late, and we had to get up early the next morning, so we called the front desk to open our door for us.

One hotel worker tried to get into our room until his shift ended. He was unaware that the adjoining rooms locked themselves, and there was no way to open them. We therefore had to break into our front door. This proved difficult, obviously. Eventually he gave us a tool to try to pry between the door and the wall so that we could open the lock from the outside and left. We asked if there was an emergency maintenance on call, but the hotel had no such arrangements. The next hotel worker who came on duty, Dennis, came to our room, asked what we had done to try to open the door, and announced that he would come back "when things had settled down." He then disappeared and did not return.

We were left alone in the halls with a flimsy tool, attempting to break into our own room, for hours. There was absolutely no hotel policy for such an event. Eventually we succeeded (with the help of kind neighbors across the hall sticking shoelaces through the door), and were able to make it to our early morning destination for the next day. When the manager, Sonny Kirim, came back to work on Monday, we confronted him with how poorly the incident had been handled. He proceeded to tell us that we were at fault for "locking ourselves out," that it was "not his problem" and that, even though he admitted that Dennis had been wrong for abandoning us upstairs, that "he (Sonny) was not responsible."

A manager, not responsible for his own employee? A problem at his hotel, not his problem? Our fault, for not knowing that the adjoining room doors locked themselves? Note: NEITHER of the hotel employees had known that the doors were designed this way either, and the manager himself admitted that he had no idea that the adjoining doors had deadbolts. And yet we, guests, are expected to know the poor engineering of the hotel better than the hotel staff? The rooms had a bed in one room and a couch in the other. They were designed for a single family. It is neither logical nor obvious that such a design would necessitate self-locking doors between the rooms, and for the manager to deny responsibility for the goings-on of his own hotel and the actions of his staff is irresponsible and ignorant.

This is one of the most poorly managed hotels that I have stayed at. We called the corporate office after the manager's rude response, and they told us we needed to discuss the issue with the manager (which we had), and then informed us there is nothing they could do. So stay at this hotel - as long as you have supreme confidence that nothing will go wrong. I, for one, will be avoiding Baymont and all of its chains in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank GreenVoyage
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stayed here for a conference and the hotel was great for it's value. The shuttle was prompt and the premises was clean. It is a hotel good for crashing at so don't look for special toiletries and such. It was clean and I got a comfy night's sleep. They also provide a free continental breakfast consisting of cereals, bread, fruit, juice, and yogurt. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business