“Not soo pride... Super 8 Northlake Chicago was better”

Super 8 Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Not soo pride... Super 8 Northlake Chicago was better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We pick this up because it's price and location near the airport but we slept one night before at the Northlake Chicago Super 8 motel that was better. At O'hare motel there is much more noise is the airport, the shutelle is small with not so much room for many people, the rooms are clean but not soo big. The breakfast is not bad. The motel is far 15 minutes from subway station with park and ride. In this motel they charge 20$!!! For pets, per night, more than any other Motel!!! I don't know why this is a pride motel. It not bad but there are better. The price is very good for hotel in Chicago.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
ELYRIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was a return trip.
Although the roof was under repair, we were quite comfortable and it was no inconvenience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank JAMES J
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I usually stay at pricier hotels in Chicago, but I decided to try Super 8 O'Hare last weekend since I was seeing my mother off and only needed to stay for one night. The staff there were okay (not too warm, but could answer my questions just fine). The room looked clean; and there were many channels on TV as other reviews said. The airport taxi driver was very nice. It was very loud, and you can hear the airplanes all the time as long as you are awake. The hotel is farther than many other O'Hare hotels.

Deal-breaker: However, I woke up during mid-night from some inchy and burning feelings on my left hand and arm. I had my left hand stretched out and laid on the cover bedding.As I examined myself, I saw a couple of bites on my finger and arm, which looked like mosquito bites--they were NOT! What I've learned was that bed bug bites don't response to regular mosquito bite treatments. I threw the cover bedding on the chair and tried to go back to sleep. I didn't get more bites, but suffered the entire night. I woke up with a carrot finger and a hurting back. I didn't make it a big deal because I needed to send my mother to the airport the first thing in the morning. However, I will NEVER EVER stay at this hotel again.

Oh, one more thing. I read the reviews prior to my trip, and someone has mentioned that they don't clean the coffee pot at the hotel. IT WAS TRUE! My mother likes to drink some hot water. When I looked at the coffee maker, there was left over water in the pot. And the however old USED coffee bag was still in. I immediately gave up the hot water.

Room Tip: You get what you paid for; and it was not even that cheap. Loud, awfully dirty, bed bugs, back-hurti...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lin L
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed at the hotel overnight tom fly out early in the morning. Comfortable bed. Clean room. Staff was helpful and friendly. Gave directions to the airport. Explained the policy to leave car there for an economical parking rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank bobhartzheim
Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Rooms were clean. Slight language barrier with the staff and front desk personnel. Watch your invoice at checkout ---- 3 couples, 3 rooms, all the same style rooms but they tried to bill us all for different amounts! Shuttle drivers were very helpful and efficient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank BrenJ2012
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I recently spent three days at the Super 8 in Elk Grove. It was the first time I'd ever stayed in a Super 8 hotel. I was definitely impressed! The lobby and rooms are very clean and the amenities are great (pool, internet etc.) The breakfast was very good. The hotel is also within walking distance to several restaurants which is very convenient. The gentleman who staffs the front desk was very friendly and helpful during our stay. Overall, our stay at the Super 8 was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs accommodation while in Chicago/O'hare Area.

Room Tip: Always call directly yo book the room. They don't hesitate to match the online rates.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jennie S
Nekoosa, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I realize you get what you pay for, and as far as that goes this wasn't the worst I have ever stayed at in terms of overall quality. The rooms are standard, include a small fridge, are nicely cleaned for you every day, fairly comfortable and are more or less what you would expect for the price. There were a few turn offs....we found garbage jammed between the headboard and the wall, when our remote wouldn't work right we opened it to find rusted, deteriorated batteries in it, and the pool was the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel....not to mention it looked so dirty and unsavory I never even bothered to unpack my swimsuit, which is one of the reasons we chose this hotel in the first place. But we had an exceptional thing happen which is leading me to leave this review, and the bad score I am giving it. On our second day there of a 5 day trip, we left the hotel at 10am to go sight-seeing and visit some Chicago attractions, and returned at around 9:30pm that night. When I went to put my card in the door to open our room, I found the door opened immediately upon placing my hand on it. The dead bolts had been engaged and left that way, PROPPING OUR DOOR OPEN AGAINST THE INSIDE FRAME OF OUR HOTEL ROOM. Our hotel room was completely open to ANYONE who wished to walk by and push the door open and enter it, no key, no nothing, without arousing the slightest bit of suspicion! When we left that morning, housekeeping was at the room next to ours, and our room would have been next for them to clean and prepare, and when we returned, our room HAD been prepped for us by housecleaning, so they were the last in our rooms (and I watched them the next day and that is indeed how they tend to the rooms....they engage the deadbolts to prop them open while they are cleaning and stocking them). They never closed our room back up when they were done, and had left it open to anyone and everyone who happened to pass by it all day from that morning until the time we returned that night. We had several important things in our room, including two laptops, a camcorder, my very important diabetic medication and insulin (along with much other prescription meds,), among other items that were all put at risk for easy theft by their inexcusable negligence, We kept our extra money locked up in the safe in our room, so hopefully that would never have been put at risk, but everything else was, and we were SHOCKED and frankly a bit shaken. We immediately went down and reported what we discovered to the desk attendant and were given the response "that's impossible". Really? He finally admitted one of the housekeepers must have accidentally left the room open while cleaning, asked us to check if anything in our room was missing or tampered with, and told us to talk to the manager in the morning. Luckily, everything in our room was as it was when we left it and nothing was gone, but in the morning upon reporting it to the hotel manager, all we received was a very mechanical and canned "we are very sorry for any inconvenience and it won't happen again" apology and that was the end of it. Now, had this been in a smaller city, or during an off season maybe it would not have been such a big deal. But this was during the middle of COMIC-CON ...IN CHICAGO! And this hotel was one of the top booked hotels for the event because it was right smack between the airport and the arena. The place was booked solid. I'm sorry, but I just feel that sort of negligence, in that sort of situation is inexcusable and unforgivable. And to be handled so flippantly by the staff and management over a VERY SERIOUS error on their part just totally steamed us. I usually only leave reviews if I have something very positive to say about a place, but this is an exception. I can't keep quiet about the very negative experience we had, and the poor way we were treated. We will NEVER book at this hotel again, and I would advise others to steer clear of this one as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Wil J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Ha...
#10 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
BEST WESTERN O'Hare/Elk Grove Village Hotel
BEST WESTERN O'Hare/Elk Grove Vi...
#7 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Super 8 Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!