“Impressed with the Value for the Money”

Super 8 Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel on August 10th. Check in was efficient and friendly and the lobby was clean and well organized. The property grounds also looked good. I requested a non-smoking room and ours was on the 3rd floor.
Upon entering the room I was pleased that it looked spotless and smelled fresh (no harsh smelling sprays, Thank Goodness!). I always check beds to be sure the linens are fresh and clean. They were.
Since we checked in at 3pm, my daughter had time to use the pool. The pool area isn't very big but it didn't reek of chlorine and the pool temp was perfect. I checked out the hot tub and it looked like it had been recently re-tiled. There was no grime around the pool or hot tub.
The reason I didn't give this property 5 stars is because of the shuttle service that we utilized while there. At check-in I scheduled a pickup time for 6pm. The front desk called the room and had to reschedule it for pickup between 6:15-6:20pm. Well, our shuttle arrived at 6:50. We had tickets to pick up at the box office, which was closing at 7, at Allstate Arena. We had to get out of the shuttle and run 2 1/2 blocks to make it. Thank the Lord, the box office was still open at 7:02. Thankfully, the pick-up after the show was prompt and very courteous.
We enjoyed a great nights sleep and ate breakfast in the morning. The buffet was ok, standard fare, nothing exciting. But, it fueled us for an afternoon of downtown sightseeing.
I would stay at this property again. All the employees I encountered were friendly and polite. It's a great value, especially with the free shuttle to/from O'Hare, Stephen's Convention Center, the CTA train (blue line) and Allstate Arena.

Room Tip: I almost always book on the hotel chains website. No fees and most guarantee the best rate.
1  Thank Reagansmom13

Reviewed August 21, 2011

My family stayed at this Super 8 while attending my eldest brother's funeral this past May. We couldn't have found a better hotel for the price, I don't believe. There was shuttle service to and from the airport, a very nice breakfast in the morning, pool, and hot tub (if I recall correctly). The hotel had expanded from its original building so location to and from breakfast area and elevator was a little inconvenient, but nonetheless a great hotel! I watched all the flghts going overhead from O'Hare one evening before returning to my home state of SC and was amazed at the short space of time between each flight departing (about 2-4 minutes between flights).
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Without a doubt, I will stay at this hotel again if the opportunity ever arises where I need accommodations near the airport. Highly recommend it for the value!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank colarose
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I spent two nights at this hotel with my kids in August 2011. This is a Super 8 so it wasn't fancy, but the room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was tiny with shower and toilet. The sink was outside of the bathroom and more spacious with plenty of storage area for toiletries so it worked fine.

There is a nice swimming pool on the ground floor with a hot tub tht was great!

The hotel has easy access to the highway. The only annoyance was the 70 cent toll that needed to be paid everytime we got on and off the highway.

The front desk staff were very kind and went out of their way to help me find my daughters beloved blanket when it was lost.

Breakfast was good on Sunday morning (bagles, cereal, make your own waffles) but rather lacking on Monday. The variety was less and because it was busier many items were gone and no one seemed to be replacing anything.

1  Thank Ameliasmama2000
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed here for a conference with a group of friends, and family. The hotel promised a free shuttle to and from the conference facilities, which was part of why we decided to stay here. We had been told driving in Chicago is a nightmare, and really didn't want to have to worry about that.

Long story short - we ended up cabbing it most of the time, or waiting for >1hr to get the shuttle. Not cool!!

Aside from that the rooms were dated, the elevator smelled like pee, and the staff was less than helpful.

Heads up - if you want to take a shuttle to the airport you need to tell them 24 hours in advance. Would have been useful to know that when we checked in....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Runnechic71
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We choose this hotel over other better brands due to great reviews here but had a horrible experience here. If we could, we would give this place a negative 5 rating.

While the rooms are spacious, we found:
a) Front Office staff is impolite and rude
b) Elevator smells of fecal matter ... really!!
c) Hallway and room carpets are extremely dirty and unhygienic
d) Lighting in the room was inadequate
e) Room had foul smell
f) A/c unit made creaking noises all night making sleep impossible
The Front Office staff was argumentative and extremely rude during checkout.

From what we saw, this place should be closed down by authorities monitoring sanitary standards. We will NEVER go back there.

1  Thank Sunil M
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My wife, son and I stayed here the night before a 6:00 AM flight from O'Hare.

We paid a very reasonable amount for one night stay, shuttle rides to and from the airport and a week of parking.

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. The hotel and rooms were the standard motel quality.

The shuttle ride to the airport was easy (albeit 4 AM) and when we returned, we called as soon as we claimed all of our luggage. We went to the pickup stop (across from the entrance to airport Hilton) and waited about 15 minutes.

We got back to the hotel and there was our car, safe and sound.

I would highly recommend this is a park 'n fly option for O'Hare.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank UofIx3
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our room smelled fresh and was large and clean. The furnishings were fine for this price hotel. The mattress was OK, not great. Overall, a good value. The breakfast had a good selection.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skikingCalifornia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Ha...
#10 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel
Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Ho...
#5 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Comfort Inn O'Hare
Comfort Inn O'Hare
#4 of 9 in Des Plaines

Been to Super 8 Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!