“Good if your willing to fight for what you deserve!”

Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
eau claire
“Good if your willing to fight for what you deserve!”
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Hotel is very nice, breakfast was good, checking in process ok. When I called they tried telling me a different park and fly rate then online, and when checking in I heard the same thing - they tell you to only book with them to get it correct, but you have to ask for the special rate then. I was told I could pay with cash in the morning, but they had already run my credit card - Which is ok but why would I pay with cash then as it takes 7-10 days for my bank to refund. Shuttle to the airport was ok. Shuttle drivers were VERY nice! However they do not tell you that you are sharing their shuttle with AT LEAST one other hotel, so when you play to leave the hotel and account for what time you will be at the airport you need to account for time at the other hotel loading. Then when we got back from our trip, we asked to be picked up - we were told we would either have to scrunch in a van with 7 other people and there might not be enough room or wait for another hour for transportation (almost as if she was talking us into waiting). We decided to cram in....The hotel lady was very rude about where we get picked up and we had to find directions from airport staff. They should tell you this before they drop you off! Then the shuttle missed us and was nice enough to turn back around - HOWEVER when we got back to the hotel the funny part is they have MULTIPLE vans to do pick up in. They should know just about how many guests are coming back when and how many shuttle drivers they need. It was frustrating but over all went well because I did not back down. I would stay here again, however I would check out other places for park and fly! Other complaint was printing was $1 a page. SERIOUSLY? Why offer a business center as a convenience if you are going to over charge?

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank loverslovetotravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
INDIANA
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed the night before our flight. It took so much stress away from having to drive the day of the flight and fight construction, traffic etc. Room was great. Staff was courteous and helpful and shuttle service was outstanding. Left car at hotel while on vacation. No problems when we returned. Called hotel and they already had a shuttle at the airport dropping off passengers. Less than 10 minutes we were headed back to the hotel. Park, Sleep and Fly is the way to go. Just book through the hotel directly and you will have no problems. We will stay here again the next time we do this.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We did the park and fly Friday July 24, 2009. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows were terrible; we got no sleep. The shuttle on the way to the airport was so crowded people were sitting in laps. After we returned we phoned for the shuttle and waited an hour for it to come. We do not recommend this lodging.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Cedarburg, WI USA
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Stayed at this hotel last week before our flight out of our O'Hare. The hotel is undergoing a renovation of sorts but the rooms are nice. The walls and doors are pretty sound-proof and that's important when you need to get to sleep early for a flight. Price was right. Shuttle leaves every 30 minutes from 4:30AM until 5PM. Earier & later times by request. Pick up from the airport on the return was FAST. Waited about 5 minutes from the time I placed the call.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Polkaholic
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 27, 2008

This used to be a Hampton Inn, but by no means is it the standards of a Hampton. As far as the Quality Inn standards, I have stayed in better, and also worse. Staff was friendly and helpful. Property is a little worn, but I can see that the property manager is trying to update. Facility was clean - as were the rooms.
My biggest complaint was that the wireless internet would not work. Showed Low signal, even in the lobby, but could not connect. I called the toll free number that the desk clerk advised, but they could not help either.
For a business person that depends on high speed internet, this is not the place, unless you have your own data connect card.
My guess is that they will fix this eventually.
Complimentary breakfast was OK.
One Italian restaurant across the street - otherwise a cab ride to anything else.

Stayed October 2008
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I booked this hotel through the ParkSleepFly.com website. We stayed the evening of October 10, flew out of O’Hare on the 11th and picked up our vehicle on October 18th. The package included 1 nights stay, up to 14 days of parking and shuttle service to and from the airport.
Check in was quick and efficient, the room clean. The hotel bar is a converted coat room with a lady selling a few drinks out of it.
The bed in the room was hard as a rock and very uncomfortable, although it did have a nice down comforter. It was so hard, I had a bruise on my hip the next day.
At check-out, I was overcharged. I had put a deposit down with ParkSleepFly.com of $19.95 and was told by the front desk that it was not charged to my card. Once home I discovered it was and am still trying to resolve this.
Shuttle service to the airport is offered on the hour and was fine. The return trip however was a nightmare. Our plane came in at 9:10 and we(my husband and I) called for shuttle pick-up after clearing customs at 9:30 p.m. I was told the driver was out on a pick-up and would not be picking us up for 30-40 minutes. After 45 minutes, a van and a mini-van arrived to pick-up 22 passengers. A large group immediately, literally push-up out of the way and took both shuttles. I asked the driver how to resolve this and was told he would be back for us in 1 hour. Well, that was unacceptable. By this time it was 10:25, nearly 1 hour after calling for pick-up. We called the front desk again and asked to have them pay for cab fair. They said no. we were put on hold for about 12 minutes, and then the front desk clerk said she had found another shuttle and it would be there soon. We (along with 2 other people who had called at 7:30) were finally picked up at 10:52 and arrived back at the hotel at 11:05, 95 minutes after our initial call.
I would not recommend this package or hotel to anyone. There is no excuse for this poor of service.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — shuttle service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 3and1boysmom
newtochi
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I decided to try this place after reading some of the reviews and I have to say I am happy I did. The room is spotless from what I see, and even the bathroom floor is super clean! I love the big comfortable beds, and they have a happy hour later today which im definitely going to visit.

The breakfast this morning was great, so many choices. I have to say that I will be staying here again next time in Chicago.

• Liked — I love the location, price and how the front desk staff makes you feel so welcome
  • Disliked — They dont have a pool but its okay i didnt bring my trunks
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#6 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Best Western At O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
#17 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!