“Great value for Park & Fly”

Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great value for Park & Fly”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here to do the Park and Fly thing out of O'Hare. We just stayed one night, but parked our car for 8 days. It was very convenient. Great price. We also enjoyed the hot breakfast. The room was a bit dated, but it was clean. Service was efficient and friendly. The shuttle to/from the airport went smoothly. We especially liked that their parking area, for park & fly was near the front of the hotel. That is both convenient (for getting luggage from car into airport shuttle) and safe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fwrunner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The people were friendly enough at check-in. The room and bed were just ok. The bed was just ok. Coming back after a red-eye flight we had to wait over an hour for the shuttle as the driver wouldn't wait 3 minutes for us. Then we had to pick up another passenger and stop at another hotel first. For this reason I will never use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Vienna
Reviewed October 15, 2013

So my flight out of O'Hare got delayed to midnight and I decided to stay overnight in Chicago and take the early morning flight.

I booked this "Qualiy Inn" via HotelTonight and got a pretty good price, but that is where the positive things about my stay stopped.
I had to wait 40 min for the airport shuttle, I think they only have one single shuttle doing the run and the hotel is FAR FAR away from the airport, the ride must have been at least 25 minutes; waiting for 40 min is not something you want to do at 10 pm.
I was a little bit annoyed about the fact that the frontdesk lady said 10 min on my initial call -- she must have known that this couldn't be true

When we arrived, there was only that one lady on duty at the front desk --- she had to check-in a flight crew, take phone calls and process people; our bus was full so while I was the 3rd in row I am sure that other people had to wait a considerable amount of time to get their rooms - again, not something you want to deal with when it's late at night

The room itself was OK and breakfast was included

To summarize: Don't go there UNLESS it is significantly cheaper than other airport hotels

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
QualityElkGrove, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire tieam, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvementds to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 14, 2013

For the money $72 a night) this Quality Inn 5 miles from O'Hare Airport was not a bad deal. We were impressed with the breakfast (both hot and cold foods) and it was very clean and the bathrooms and bedrooms were plenty big. We did have very lumpy pillows (we should have asked to have them replaced but didn't). We had to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up on Saturday night so didn't get back to the hotel until midnight. Another couple said they had to wait way too long too (especially because we called as instructed and the front desk said they would be there 'momentarily.') Other than that, there were no other negative aspects of this hotel and as I said, the rates were more than reasonable considering what prices other hotels nearer to Chicago charge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything we can to improve our shuttle service. It is never our intention to put your comfort at risk. Please accept our heartfelt apology.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate you comments and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit with us.
Omaha Nebraska
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The place is nothing too fancy but was a good solid hotel at a great price. The shuttles ran on time and the drivers were friendly. The first night our a/c did not work well and I was switched into a new room across the hall in two minutes. We had a couple of special requests and they were met with "no problem". For me, this place is a winner.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank omatraveldog
QualityElkGrove, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
On behalf of our hotel and staff, I'd like to let you know how pleased we were to receive your kind words of praise for our hotel and staff. How nice of you to take the time to let us know you were pleased.
Our service depends on people willing to give their very best at all times. So, it's truly uplifting to our staff when a guest takes the time to comment on an enjoyable stay. Thank You!
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we would welcome the opportunity to be at your service any time you might be in our area.
Wauwatosa
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I would feel bad giving the hotel a two but I don't think it really deserves a three either. We used the hotel for a flight out of Chicago. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit run down, but I didn't have all that high of expectations given the rate and it was clean.

My main complaint was that the parking area for park/sleep/fly customers, the main reason for staying there, was relegated to one side of the hotel without any apparent supervision. There could have been cameras, however I did not see any. I do know there was no gate, nor attendants. You were also required to put a sticker in your window saying the date you were coming back. Thus anyone walking up to the car would know right away whether the owner was coming back soon or not.

I realize that many out-lots at O'Hare don't offer much more in the way of protection, and if someone really wanted to get at your vehicle they could do it at any lot, secure or not. However, this was easily the least comfortable I've felt with a park/sleep/fly.

Thankfully our vehicle was just fine when we returned, so no harm, no foul I suppose. I just want others to understand what we didn't before you stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ndogtosa
Thank you for letting us know about your dissatisfaction with our parking facilities for our Park n Fly guests. Your unsatisfactory experience does not rrepresent the level of service we strive to provide.

In answer to your query, yes we do have security cameras in the Park n Fly area. The monitors are on the front desk and are viewed constantly. However, I apologize that you were not informed of this at check in. It is never our intention to jeopardize the comfort and convenience of our guests.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. Your comments help us improve.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We very much enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Spent four nights here. This hotel, at $90/night, was NOT a bargain. My review might be better if we paid $60/night. Tooth paste running down the bathroom vanity, blood/boogers on the walls, beat up furniture, rusty fixtures, warm & humid hallways, crickets in the room, etc... There was, however, hot water and good water pressure for a shower and a relatively comfortable bed. I will not stay here again. Shuttle service to and from the airport, where we jumped on the blue line into Chicago, was unreliable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
QualityElkGrove, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion of our hotel on Tripadvisor.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel and staff for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our General Manage. We will use your information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. It is never our intention to jeopardize the comfort and convenience of our guests.
We sincerely appreciate your attention and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Elk Grove Village.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#6 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Best Western At O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
#17 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!