See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The room was clean thankfully. Was fearful about the whole bed bug scare but no problem. Issues: no stopper in the tub and had to wait 10 minutes for the water to heat so I could take my improvised bath. They removed the stopper from the tub so I had to use the lid from my body butter to have a soak. Noticed when I brushed my teeth that the water had a funky smell (like rotten eggs) which means it's not Chicago water. Unfortunately, that extended to their continental breakfast which they provide. The down side is though that they use the same water to reconstitute the orange and apple juice and make the coffee so everything smells like that. Could not drink the juice. Noise level wasn't too bad being so near to the runways.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2011

This is a budget hotel with excellent service. I was a bit hesitant to book this hotel in the first place due to the numerous below average comments. However, was willing to take a chance when heading to Seoul and Hong Kong via Chicago on Jan. 17, 2011 for its location and price. Arrived at night time to catch an early plane the next morning. Was lucky to wait for only a few minutes before the hotel's shuttle bus arrived. The lady driver was very pleasant and helpful. The receptionist was prompt and polite. Room was clean. Complementary breakfast was not super but OK. The driver (a cheerful, kind and helpful Mexican-American man) who dropped me off at the airport was punctual, very courteous, helped me to load & unload my heavy luggage with smile through (I felt sorry for only able to tip them with my only Canadian $ coins left as I'd no US$ carried with me!!).
As far as I'm concern, the only setback at this hotel is there's no elevator in it. So, for those with heavy luggages with a room assigned to 2nd floor, please be prepared for some heavy lifting for quite a number of stairs up and down, which is not user-friendly to some vulnerable group of travellers. Other than that, I do recommend people on a budget to stay here in Chicago for its staff service and nice & clean room.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn in Elk Grove Village October 18 2010.
We have stayed there before. They are friendly, but, the hotel wasn't
very clean.
This time we got much more than we bargained for.
BED BUGS !
It took us a week and the purchase of a steamer to rid ourselves
of these awful pests.
DO NOT stay there !

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank styleofitaly
DaysInnOrdWest, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Elk Grove Village O'Hare Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Dear Guest,
This is Guest Relations Manager from Days Inn Elk Grove Village. First Of all I would like to apologize for any inconvenience occurred during your stay and also want to thank you for submitting your review to tripadvisor to bring you concerned to our attention. After receiving your review, we called pest Management Company to Inspect entire Building to Find out any Bed Bugs Activity is taking place or not and they found out there is no bed bugs activity going on at our hotel. They advise us that it might be small ants and they did treatment according to that. I advise you and all our guest viewers that there is no need to get panic about bed bugs because there is no bed bugs activity found what so ever. Our rooms are Clean, Comfortable and Safe. Pleese Contact us Directly at 8474371650, if you have more concern about this issue.

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

We checked in and the staff barely speaks any English so that was a problem instantly. We only stayed one night for the park, sleep, fly. There are no elevators so we had to haul our luggage up stairs to the second floor in a very narrow stairway. I went down after we got settled in to find out where I could get a 6 pack of beer. The worker said he was going to go get liquor himself and that he would take me. i must have looked at him weird because then he told me that it would be in the shuttle. I was not getting in a car with a stranger but I did go in the shuttle. Well, I think I was then part of a drug deal. We walked into the liquor store together and after I bought my beer, I was waiting for him to get his and he told me I could go wait in the van. 20 MINUTES later he walks out with his liquor and a white package under his arm. His excuse was, "Oh, I forgot I had someone out there." Um, okay. Finally, getting back, I just had a couple beers and went to bed. The next day, the shuttle driver to the airport was a woman who could not lift the bags so I had to load the whole van myself but for some reason still felt obligated to tip her. When we got back from our trip, I called for the shuttle and the language barrier was so bad, that the only thing I made out was that it would be an hour. After already traveling for 14 hours that day, that hour sucked. We saw so many other hotel shuttles go by 6 or 7 times by the time ours showed up. I was kicking myself for not spending a little more to stay at those. Then, it was the same woman again so guess who had to load the whole van. Also, they already had people in there so there was not enough seats for my whole family. No way were we going to wait for them to come back so we sat on laps. AWFUL EXPERIENCE! Oh well, live and learn.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Just stayed here for one night on October 14th, 2010. Elk Grove is about 20-25 minute van ride from the airport. They do offer shuttle service from the airport, but very limited. They have a sign in the lobby that there is shuttle service on the hour by "appointment." But what they really mean is shuttle service is not on demand, and when I requested the shuttle and gave the front desk a heads up, it left 15 minutes past the hour and they told me that is because I didn't make the appointment 24 hours before. The front desk from the night shift and day shift aren't so friendly and helpful.

The hallway and hallway floor carpet on the second floor is very dirty. The rooms are acceptably, minimally clean. There is free wi-fi that worked well for me. There is a McDonalds next door. They offer a free breakfast composed of juice, coffee, cereal and donuts (which were old and stale).

I wouldn't suggest staying here unless you're desperate. The positive reviews here must have been written by the hotel staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business