See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn in Elk Grove Village October 18 2010.
We have stayed there before. They are friendly, but, the hotel wasn't
very clean.
This time we got much more than we bargained for.
BED BUGS !
It took us a week and the purchase of a steamer to rid ourselves
of these awful pests.
DO NOT stay there !

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank styleofitaly
DaysInnOrdWest, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Elk Grove Village O'Hare Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Dear Guest,
This is Guest Relations Manager from Days Inn Elk Grove Village. First Of all I would like to apologize for any inconvenience occurred during your stay and also want to thank you for submitting your review to tripadvisor to bring you concerned to our attention. After receiving your review, we called pest Management Company to Inspect entire Building to Find out any Bed Bugs Activity is taking place or not and they found out there is no bed bugs activity going on at our hotel. They advise us that it might be small ants and they did treatment according to that. I advise you and all our guest viewers that there is no need to get panic about bed bugs because there is no bed bugs activity found what so ever. Our rooms are Clean, Comfortable and Safe. Pleese Contact us Directly at 8474371650, if you have more concern about this issue.

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

We checked in and the staff barely speaks any English so that was a problem instantly. We only stayed one night for the park, sleep, fly. There are no elevators so we had to haul our luggage up stairs to the second floor in a very narrow stairway. I went down after we got settled in to find out where I could get a 6 pack of beer. The worker said he was going to go get liquor himself and that he would take me. i must have looked at him weird because then he told me that it would be in the shuttle. I was not getting in a car with a stranger but I did go in the shuttle. Well, I think I was then part of a drug deal. We walked into the liquor store together and after I bought my beer, I was waiting for him to get his and he told me I could go wait in the van. 20 MINUTES later he walks out with his liquor and a white package under his arm. His excuse was, "Oh, I forgot I had someone out there." Um, okay. Finally, getting back, I just had a couple beers and went to bed. The next day, the shuttle driver to the airport was a woman who could not lift the bags so I had to load the whole van myself but for some reason still felt obligated to tip her. When we got back from our trip, I called for the shuttle and the language barrier was so bad, that the only thing I made out was that it would be an hour. After already traveling for 14 hours that day, that hour sucked. We saw so many other hotel shuttles go by 6 or 7 times by the time ours showed up. I was kicking myself for not spending a little more to stay at those. Then, it was the same woman again so guess who had to load the whole van. Also, they already had people in there so there was not enough seats for my whole family. No way were we going to wait for them to come back so we sat on laps. AWFUL EXPERIENCE! Oh well, live and learn.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Just stayed here for one night on October 14th, 2010. Elk Grove is about 20-25 minute van ride from the airport. They do offer shuttle service from the airport, but very limited. They have a sign in the lobby that there is shuttle service on the hour by "appointment." But what they really mean is shuttle service is not on demand, and when I requested the shuttle and gave the front desk a heads up, it left 15 minutes past the hour and they told me that is because I didn't make the appointment 24 hours before. The front desk from the night shift and day shift aren't so friendly and helpful.

The hallway and hallway floor carpet on the second floor is very dirty. The rooms are acceptably, minimally clean. There is free wi-fi that worked well for me. There is a McDonalds next door. They offer a free breakfast composed of juice, coffee, cereal and donuts (which were old and stale).

I wouldn't suggest staying here unless you're desperate. The positive reviews here must have been written by the hotel staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank nodaicrag
Reviewed August 25, 2010

First the positives: It is fairly close to the airport if you have a car. The shuttle does not actually exist. Also only about 10 min from the train that will take you to the loop. There is also free wireless, but it comes in and out. It's really only useful for a quick email check and getting directions.

And the negatives: We checked in at 1:48 instead of 2:00. This was the excuse we were given for the poor quality of our stay. (Not joking. When the manager saw that he acted as if I should have expected everything that happened.)

The room had not been cleaned. Clearly had not been vacuumed and there was cigarette ash between two of the blankets.

The bathroom had fresh towels in addition to the dirty ones left by the occupant before us.

The bathtub and sink had hairs laying obviously in them.

The television turned on but the entire screen was green and purple like it had been dropped.

The air conditioner did not work.

Both neighbors were up until almost three in the morning being very loud every night.

The parking lot next door is home to a semi-truck driving school beginning at about 7:30 in the morning, so if you plan on sleeping past then bring ear plugs.

We also received several anonymous phone calls in the night from a gentleman requesting both drugs and "services". They continued after asking that our phone line be blocked from incoming calls.

After seeing the horrible condition of the room, the manager refused any type of refund. The room was cheap but trust me, it's not worth it. If you can't afford better, grab a couple of blankets and sleep in the car. You'll be better off.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We were looking for a free parking option for our 2 weeks abroad and found this hotel based on other Tripadvisor reviews. We were amazed with the staff and the true hospitality. The room was simple, but very clean. I am not a fan of exterior corridors, but was traveling with my partner so it was ok.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple