See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 24, 2006

I had booked in the Days Inn chicago west on an non-refundable basis as my hubby had myself were supposed to drop off my mother at chicago..I had read the views from other people only at the last minute which definitely didnt show me any plus points abt the hotel..But cancellation was not possible , being very apprehensive i decided to carry on..
The unpleasant wait for the shuttle started from the airport to hotel itself..I didnt find the hotel too near to the airport either and with the traffic it took a solid 25 minutes or more..
The breakfast which they said would be provided was all but Coffee and Cakes..(At the most they can provide bread and butter for a decent breakfast and not doughnuts)
The rooms was nothing special, not smelly luckily as we had taken the non-smoking class.But the bathroom fittings were rusty and the water smelt rusty too..The remote didnt work and i had to personally go and get it changed.
The next day we were told that the shuttle service can be utilised to go up and down the downtown station only once in a day.i found that very strange...And while returning to the hotel in the evening we had to experience another long wait for more than a hour..I dont understand y do they hv a shuttle service in the first if they cant be helpful to the guests.. I could see all other hotels havin frequent shuttles.. They were also very strict on the checkout timings..12pm inspite of whatever time u checked in..But i was happy to chk out with a 2 night stay..
My conclusion cheap deals can not be so pleasant.. I might not stay here again..

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Escape32090
Reviewed April 24, 2006

We stayed here before our trip to Mexico as a place to park our car. It was the cheapest by far and there was no extra charge for parking longer than a week. It was a more of a motel than a hotel but the lobby was nice, the carpet in our room was new and bed was clean. We didn't shower there because the water seemed really sulfery so I wouldn't stay longer than a quick over night before a flight out the next day. The shuttle was consistant and picked us up within 20 minutes - our car was safe and sound when we returned. It was an overall positive experience.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank mitrips
Reviewed December 22, 2005

Stayed in this hotel to catch shuttle for an early flight at O'Hare. Upon check-in, we were told that the shuttle only runs on the hour---totally annoying, because we had to leave 45 minutes earlier than planned. The staff was not very friendly either. Room was basic, and the bathroom was low rent. You can't really hear the highway in the back of the hotel. We are budget travelers but we won't consider this hotel again (at least not for the $60 we paid).

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank Midwestcouple
Reviewed December 11, 2005

My flight from OHare was canceled due to a snowstorm and the airline's hotel service offered a low rate for this place. The airport shuttle took well over an hour to arrive, which I attributed to the snow, and the driver was pretty rude as well. If you stay here, avoid the back building at all costs. The heat wasn't working all night, there were tears and cigarette burns in both of the bedspreads, the sheets and blankets covering the stained mattress were sour-smelling and the bathroom was really grimy. I wasn't expecting a world-class resort but this place wasn't even clean. There was cable TV, but snowy reception. I was relieved to get out of there and back to the airport the next morning. Yuck!
In my experience, the Days Inn name usually stands for flea-bag motel, and this one was no exception.

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank Trail24582
Reviewed November 14, 2005

I just got back from spedning 4 nights at this hotel nad this was the worst place that I have ever stayed at. First, you walk in and there is a permeating stench that is all over that the place. I go to check-in and there are no smiles on anybody's faces and they print a registration card which they have you sign and then give you your key. None of the front desk people are smiling or make you feel welcome. They did not even confirm the dates of mys tay or the rate. Not only that but they charge you $1.00 per day for the use of the in-room safe which they never told me about. Only found out at check-out when I looked at my bill. I finally get up to my room and I find that there is no remote control for the tv so I call the front desk and they send one up. At this time, I was making a couple phone calls so when I finally get around to using the remote, I found out that the remote was not working probably because of dead batteries. I again call the front desk and they tell me in a very snotty way that "they just sent one up". I told them that even though I have the remote, it was not working. Finally after 2 days I find a working remote in my room. They advertise a free airport shuttle but it only runs every hour on the hour and you have to reserve in advance. I don't even think that they changed the sheets on my bed for the entire time that I was there. They have very poor service and I will never stay at this hotel again. Whatever you do, don't stay here either. There are far better hotels in the same area.

1  Thank Sunshine5015