See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Upon reaching the hotel's dark, cold but quiet premises slightly after dinner, via shuttle van, we quickly stepped out of the vehicle and checked-in. The premises was alright and it didn't bothered us as we were too much hungry and tired from an over-delayed flight rom Canada. The receptionist was calm but slow but nonetheless did his job well. The lobby was warm and cozy and quite good. The hotel could've been better if the staff could arrange more brighter lights from the lobby to the rooms since it was kinda difficult to walk with all the darkness around. I must add that some guests are highly sensitive when it comes to darkness so if you're afraid of low light walks, carry a flashlight and hope the hotel arranges advanced lighting management. The rooms are ok but need an upgrade on cleanliness and hygiene and the television antenna is not well established but the TV still works nevertheless. Overall, this hotel is good for a one night transit as it is near to Chicago O'Hare Airport with a shuttle car service and has a welcoming McDonald's near the hotel. To those of you that are sensitive about sense of security, this hotel might not be your preference but it is convenient as a ONE OVERNIGHT TRANSIT as it is the nearest reasonable price hotel possible from Chicago O'Hare Airport, especially when I had an early flight next MORNING to Asia.

• Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed October 9, 2008

We stayed at this hotel in september. We have stared there a few times before and had no problems. Front dest was nice, gave wake up call and schuttle . The hotel is not fancy but our room was clean. The area is questionable with the bar on one side, but we did go over to the McDonalds for late snack.

Our problem was the return schuttle. On our last trip we had a problem with it, as we waited well over an hour, but we had not had problems on our stays before that. This time we called and the desk said 15 to 20 minutes. We waited for over and hour and 15 minutes, then called again. The desk of course said 15 to 20 minutes!! We waited another 45 minutes and then took a taxi. When we got to the hotel their schuttles were all there. They had not moved. We will never stay there again. If they had just told the truth that we would not be picked up, for any reason, I could understand. But to make us wait and lie to us is what makes me mad. We wasted a lot of time that we could have been driving home. Do NOT stay at this hotel!!! Find something that is more service oriented.

Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank Mt_MorrisHaze
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I usually always check on tripadvisor before making hotel reservations. This time I did not, as we went on a spur of the moment trip to Mexico and needed several days of parking. Choosing this hotel was a huge mistake. I agree with others that the hotel was scary!! When we arrived after dark, MANY people, mostly men, were hanging out in the parking lot; I am not sure what goes on there and don't think I want to know. There is a club right next door that friends that live in Elk Grove Village later told us was a gay bar, so that might explain the large number of men in the parking lot--to each his own, that did not bother us..just maybe an explanation for all of the men standing around drinking and all. The man at the desk talked on the phone the whole time he checked us in, except to say that he did not work there anymore???? He was rude and unfriendly! The room was really not that bad...a typical Day's Inn room. What was very creepy was the ride at 5 am to the airport; the man that took us did not utter one word to us..like a have a nice day or a nice flight. I don't know why, but we tipped him, as we usually do for airport rides. He did not even say thank you. On the return trip, the same unfriendly man picked us up..we were the only ones in the van, even though is was 4 in the afternoon. Again, he did not say one work, but glared at us in the mirror. We did not give him a dime this time--he actually sneered at me when he walked away from us. This man was very scary and rough looking. He looked extremely dirty, as did the shuttle van, which others have also mentioned. This hotel staff needs to learn something about guest relations!! They need to learn that a few friendly words would go a long way. I would never stay at this location again, and am very surprised that Days Inn allows it to be in their chain!! There are several other nearby hotels that offer a park and fly; I encourage everyone to pay the few extra dollars and upgrade to a decent place. I even wanted to drive to the airport in our car rather than take advantage of the free parking because I was afraid for our car to be left there. It was ok when we got back, though. NEVER AGAIN!! This hotel seemed to be run by a Patel family, as so many of the hotels in the U.S. now are. This has never bothered us before..however, this family should be steered clear of!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank caro1935
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I was a single female travelling alone - I am a very seasoned traveller and have stayed in all types of hotels, budget accommodations and hostels and I have never been afraid to sleep like I was in your hotel. First off, the front desk guy looked like a gang member, there was activity from 1am to 4am in the back parking lot that suggested drug dealing, there were vehicles parked alongside this activity that appeared to be gang vehicles, and to top it off the hallway of the hotel outside my door smelled of crack cocaine. The stairway up to the second floor could be accessed by anyone - strangers would not have to by pass the front desk to get to the rooms upstairs and the doorway accessing the stairway was not locked, so hotel security was nil in my opinion. The bed linen looked like it had been slept in already (all wrinkled) and the hundreds of finger nail scratchings on the wall hanging just above the bed's headboard suggested that the hotel rents rooms hourly. I saw a cock roach in the bathroom. This room disgusted me and I was afraid for my safety - I was honestly ready to pile furniture in front of the door. If I had not been flying out at 6am I would have simply left the already paid room and went somewhere I felt safe.

I am a law enforcement officer in Canada so I'm well aware of the signs of gang/drug activity and this hotel has some serious problems.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank cappersue30
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Terrible beds. Had bugs near the door. In desperate need of renovations. Not your typical Days Inn. Not in a safe area. Hotel offers a continental breakfast, I had breakfast at a nearby McDonalds. Enough said. One a positive note, Front Desk was very nice.

Stayed: July 2008